[WF] SJA Paramedic Supervisor

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

[WF] SJA Paramedic Supervisor

Post by written_ficton »

I am under the impression that this is a supervisor's vehicle, but please correct if I am wrong.

I've closed the door!
SgtSeedy
Scanners and Receivers: 6AR
6IP
Ch11 (DEC)

Re: [WF] SJA Paramedic Supervisor

Post by SgtSeedy »

Could also be a duty Doctor!
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Could be but I herd them as X-Ray 10 or X-Ray South/North when we could listen to SJA
but far as I no definitely SJA team leader(Supervisor).
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

SJA have relinquished there fantastic Toyota Landcruisers for the Subaru version for the Team Leaders and Clinical Team Leaders. Has been this way for a few months now.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Anything beats a Toyota Landcruiser
I've closed the door!
helimedic
Amateur callsign: VK6EMS

Post by helimedic »

These Subaru's are utilised by the State Operations Managers, Metro Area Managers and the Clinical Support Paramedics.

Helimedic
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

And team leaders

They should have kept the cruiser.
written_ficton wrote:Anything beats a Toyota Landcruiser
Cruiser's are much better for visibility at intersections because they sit higher than the Subrau, and are therefore a safer option.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Cruiser's are much better for visibility at intersections because they sit higher than the Subrau, and are therefore a safer option.
They may sit higher, but not by much.

The huge factor of any vehicle is the safety of those inside. Unfortunately the Cruisers suck at safety. Being top heavy and when 'hit' they tend to roll every single time putting anyone inside at a higher level of 'risk' than any other car, especially considering what in this case are used for.

I collided with a Landcruiser last year and at the time of impact I was doing about 10 - 15km.h which caused the Landcruiser to roll badly and it was considered an immediate 'write off' where as mine had very little damage [no it wasn't my fault, the driver pulled out in front of me]

So I'll stick with that the Subaru are a safer option.

I've closed the door!
AcesAP

Post by AcesAP »

AO11912 wrote:And team leaders.
The team leaders will be officially known as Area Managers in a few week, and will still be driving the Subarus.

Most of the team leaders I know would have preferred to stick with the Cruisers. They were a much more comfortable ride, and had more space for the gear they needed to carry around.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

written_ficton wrote:I collided with a Landcruiser last year...
The vehicle in your photo is a Toyota Prado. Different body/weight dynamics than a Landcuiser and a lot lighter.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Yes your right sorry AE. However, Prado's are marketed as "Land Cruiser Prado's"

Anyway, fair enough if the TL like them better, however safety wise the Subaru's come out trumps.
I've closed the door!
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

written_ficton wrote:Yes your right sorry AE. However, Prado's are marketed as "Land Cruiser Prado's"

Anyway, fair enough if the TL like them better, however safety wise the Subaru's come out trumps.
No - not marketed as Landcruisers on their website. In the whole time they have been around I have only ever heard of them marketed as 'Prado - Son of Landcruiser' and never as Landcruisers in Australia.

The Prado has the same ANCAP rating as the Forester so not sure how you get that they '"come out trumps [sic]".
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

LighteningCrashes wrote:
written_ficton wrote:Yes your right sorry AE. However, Prado's are marketed as "Land Cruiser Prado's"

No - not marketed as Landcruisers on their website. In the whole time they have been around I have only ever heard of them marketed as 'Prado - Son of Landcruiser' and never as Landcruisers in Australia.

The Prado has the same ANCAP rating as the Forester so not sure how you get that they '"come out trumps [sic]".
I took the details from wikipedia. Anyway, looks like I've proven to be wrong. I shall bow out of that conversation. Enjoy the pics
I've closed the door!
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

I'd prefer a forester for an on road response any day. The extra weight in a large 4WD, combined with the higher centre of gravity and lower grip of the tires mean that you have to be so much more careful in them. Off road or on the gravel roads I'd go for the cruiser as even the most agressive off road tires that can be fitted to the subi are scary at speed on gravel.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

not to mention the price difference between a 200 series land cruiser (Base price arounbd the $60k mark) and a Forrester ($30k mark?) unsure if SJA buy their vehicles out right or if they lease them?

WF, you are correct though.. Prados have been marketed as Land Cruisers how ever this stopped once the '120' series (model that rolled) was introduced. But the first generation '95' series was "Landcruiser Prado".

:)
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short