The usual suspects from Perth & Fremantle

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

The usual suspects from Perth & Fremantle

Post by Matt. »

Didnt do a lot of fire engine chasing but when I came across them I grabbed a quick snap on the G12

Fremantles LP

A 4x4 out the front of Fremantle station

A couple of Perth pumps

dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: The usual suspects from Perth & Fremantle

Post by dlcat1 »

Great pics :)
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Great pictures! I am miffed at the moment, the picture shows MP69, which belongs to Welshpool? Or does it now belong to Perth?
I've closed the door!
best job

Post by best job »

Hey WR- that Medium Pump may have been doing a standby in perth. also given that both pump drivers arent wearing turnout gear suggests maybe they were there for some other reason, maybe a booster drill or chogm related drill... Perth normally has 2 medium pumps - perth 2nd and perth 3rd, however perth 3rd is also heavy rescue.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

I beleive the job these two pumps were pictured, were attending a DBA.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

They could have been having a refreshing beverage? That aside, I guess it could be [MP69] a spare pump as I seem to hear and recall that Welshpool changed their pump over.

I'll keep my eyes open.

BTW - Has everyone else noticed that these days most pumps are not wearing the station name on the cab?
I've closed the door!
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

I thought [MP 69] was at Maddington?

And it appears also they have the beacons on so would appear for a DBA
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

To clear things up;

MP 69 is and always has been the Series 4 MP Standby. More then likely would've been standing by at Osbourne Park.

MP 70 is the former Kwinana VFRS pump which is now also a Series 4 MP Standby. MP 70 has been based at Perth for the past 2 weeks as Perth 2nd and will be for a while longer.
Hope this clears up the confusion.
:wink:
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Matt. »

No idea what a DBA is however light where on but no one around , stayed onsite for a fair bit of time I had time to take pics and go look in the hobby store up the road and just before I got back to my car they left again and headed back to the main station.

Matt (back in Brisbane)
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

matt_au_70 wrote:No idea what a DBA is however light where on but no one around , stayed onsite for a fair bit of time I had time to take pics and go look in the hobby store up the road and just before I got back to my car they left again and headed back to the main station.

Matt (back in Brisbane)
Hi Matt - DBA = Direct Brigade Alarm (If a smoke detector goes off or alarm etc - they head out to the property to investigate.)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

It has been a real pleasure to read everyone's comments and see all the details people have picked up :)
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

- Also the lights ontop of the cab are different between both pumps.
- One of the reflective striping is higher on the truck than the other
I've closed the door!
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Matt. »

Thanks George.

The first thing I noticed was the different colored number plates.

Thought it was strange that they had no station markings also.

I also called into the museum the have 2 Dennis fire appliances and the Ford F series ET on display.

Thanks Matt
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

No worries Matt - The darker coloured Number Plates (usually starting with 1Qxx.xxx) are Government plates. I don't know the exact reasoning why some have these and others have the standard plates - but there you go :)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

gkoutlis wrote:No worries Matt - The darker coloured Number Plates (usually starting with 1Qxx.xxx) are Government plates. I don't know the exact reasoning why some have these and others have the standard plates - but there you go :)

G
That as always perplexed me too. I know that the blue plates must be registered to a government body (ie FESA?), which I thought all FRS were? Bush Fire Brigades are registered by Local Government hence the standard or local shire number plates. WAPOL, I believe, are registered in the Commisioner's name hence the standard plates. SJA is a private organistation - standard plates (interesting to note however, the Neo-Natal ambulance actually has Blue Gov Plates).

Any way, that just confuses the situation more! Anyone know why some FRS pumps/lts have standard plates? Do DM Vehicles have standard plates? This could just be a whole other topic really lol.
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter