2011 WA Police Academy Open Day

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
yorky

2011 WA Police Academy Open Day

Post by yorky »

Here is my set of pictures, sorry that some are blurry the old camera was having trouble, also it was a rushed day so it was snap and move on:

Slideshow:
http://img836.imageshack.us/slideshow/w ... 0574gr.jpg
Direct links:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Geoff

Re: 2011 WA Police Academy Open Day

Post by Geoff »

Fantastic selection of pics yorky!

Geoff
diggity

Post by diggity »

awesome pics! The boot shot of the concept car, was that gear on a roller? No room for equipment! And does it have a secure screen in rear for arrests etc?
yorky

Post by yorky »

Yep (sorry its blurry, way to many flashy lights for the camera) it was on a roll out tray which goes back into the top of the boot, about 2/10th less boot space taken.

No rear secure section and normal seats however the plan would be for a screen and plastic seats he stated.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

that unmarked Territory is TRG i think?? Wouldnt have thought they would bring it along?!

nice pics mate... makes me miss the academy though.. good days. haha brought back some good memories.. especially the ITTS range... that thing is cool however not the best thing for training...
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
yorky

Post by yorky »

Yep it was next to the Rescue vehicle so I'd assume TRG. I was also surprised they would show off an unmarked high level vehicle (although we all know them anyway).

The ITTS range was fancy, I liked the touch with the rubber bullet firing paintball guns, makes you want to not miss! Although they didn't use them that day. They won't fire up near the viewing gallery. Unless its pointed up that way, which it was for a moment [-o<

They obviously did situations they had done before though, its not the sort of system you can really replay 50 times, your going to get the same things eventually.

It was a very 'open' open day, being able to browse around, and the officers were happy to let you press buttons woo :lol:

I was a little surprised that all the vehicles were running (obviously don't want a flat battery) and often the officer would stand outside talking to someone while people jump in and play Policeman for a minute, wouldn't want a kiddy accidentally putting it in drive!
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

yorky wrote:Yep it was next to the Rescue vehicle so I'd assume TRG. I was also surprised they would show off an unmarked high level vehicle (although we all know them anyway).

The ITTS range was fancy, I liked the touch with the rubber bullet firing paintball guns, makes you want to not miss! Although they didn't use them that day. They won't fire up near the viewing gallery. Unless its pointed up that way, which it was for a moment [-o<

They obviously did situations they had done before though, its not the sort of system you can really replay 50 times, your going to get the same things eventually.

It was a very 'open' open day, being able to browse around, and the officers were happy to let you press buttons woo :lol:

I was a little surprised that all the vehicles were running (obviously don't want a flat battery) and often the officer would stand outside talking to someone while people jump in and play Policeman for a minute, wouldn't want a kiddy accidentally putting it in drive!
If i wasnt working i was going to come up to it!. They never used the pellet guns whilst we were at the academy... We actually only got a few sessions on the ITTS range because i think some of us were having too much 'fun' on it haha. But live firing is the way to go.

We you able to see the shooting range?
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
yorky

Post by yorky »

I didn't see it personally, way to rushed of a day only just had enough time after the ITTS show to go back outside and start snapping the vehicles.
xr8edute

Post by xr8edute »

Hopefully not a stupid question, but are the Falcon utes with canopy dog squad? And if so why are they unmarked?
Proud Member of Wagin VFRS & Wagin Town BFS
yorky

Post by yorky »

Yes the Falcon ute with the side and top vents are the new dog squad vehicles, changed from the old wagons.

Not all of them are unmarked, but lets face it, its not a vehicle that just patrols and flies the flag needing marking, the markings are really only useful for visibility.

The vehicle has front, SIDE, and rear LED modules.
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

The unmerked ones have drug detection and explosive detection dogs so definitely dont need to be marked...