KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: queensland feds

Post by dlcat1 »

nice pics :)

I think the AFP do something with airport security as I've seen them at quite a few major airports.

Nor sure where the line between federal and state is and whether its hard or fuzzy.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

dlcat1 wrote:nice pics :)

I think the AFP do something with airport security as I've seen them at quite a few major airports.

Nor sure where the line between federal and state is and whether its hard or fuzzy.
Airports are all on Federal Crown land, so its within AFP duristriction. State police do attend to assist, but its AFP's party.
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Nafenn wrote:

Airports are all on Federal Crown land, so its within AFP duristriction. State police do attend to assist, but its AFP's party.
AFP patrol Airport land and will be the first on scene and deal with small crimes issues incidents and if something goes down, however state police will take over upon arrival to a major incident.
ConstableCare
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ConstableCare »

Most of the Perth based 'AFP' are actually WAPOL on secondment for > 12 months to make up numbers... Therefore they can deal with everything on Airport and simply handover 'the baddie' to the local station.

CC 8)
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

ConstableCare wrote:

Most of the Perth based 'AFP' are actually WAPOL on secondment for > 12 months to make up numbers... Therefore they can deal with everything on Airport and simply handover 'the baddie' to the local station.

CC 8)

Really, the AFP guys that i was talking to said their is a massive waiting list for guys to go on airport duty, cause the job is well lazy
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

AO11912 wrote:
ConstableCare wrote:

CC 8)

Really, the AFP guys that i was talking to said their is a massive waiting list for guys to go on airport duty, cause the job is well lazy
In Perth they are on a rotating shift between Airport / other duties
I've closed the door!
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

and some of the contry police

KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Country ?
kyeboi
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UNIDEN UBC355XLT

Post by kyeboi »

HL 101 wrote:Country ?
well ... is wasnt really in suburbia lol

more like town police
KyeBoi

Yanchep VFRS
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

written_ficton wrote: In Perth they are on a rotating shift between Airport / other duties

They Musnt rotate very often, ive seen the same guys there for two years, talk to them most days,
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

AO11912 wrote:
written_ficton wrote: In Perth they are on a rotating shift between Airport / other duties

They Musnt rotate very often, ive seen the same guys there for two years, talk to them most days,
Yes they do, apparently [as I believe] its 2weeks off airport and 2weeks on. Been told by a Fed
I've closed the door!
Helitak_670
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Helitak_670 »

wf, I see the same people all the time.
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

Ive been there 2 years and i see the same people every week
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

anyone else notice the last pic of the 'country' vehicle was a hilux... with what appears to be a holden ute back end on it... i know for a fact the rear tail lights are from a holden ute.. and almost certain the cab looks like a hilux?
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short