New Bunbury FRS Pump (UPHR)

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

New Bunbury FRS Pump (UPHR)

Post by kylep »

Came across these guys on the way back from my dive in Busselton.

The new pump will go into service very soon (could be by now), the final firefighter training was being undertaken at Bunbury Harbour.

It's one of the latest build Urban Pumper - Heavy Rescue designs, plus it has a massive bullbar as the regional Scania Pumps have been getting in the last few years. Didn't bother the guys too much as they were busy, and couldn't hang around for long to wait.

The ACCO was out the back of their station, hopefully I may be able to catch it in the next week at the workshops.

A total of nine images uploaded to my gallery: http://photos.liveitseeit.com/FireGear/ ... 9889_QvXui

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: New Bunbury FRS Pump (UPHR)

Post by written_ficton »

Absolute nice looking machine, question to raise. Why does the appliance require a massive bullbar?
I've closed the door!
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

To hold the massive spotlights! :)

Will be due to the country travel that the appliances do at the regional stations. Port Hedland's has the same and I'm sure any other Scanias that go out will get them, I imagine Kalgoorlie, Geraldton and Albany will eventually get one of these as well, and possibly Karratha. That would remove all of the 'half-life' Accos.
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Nice Pictures Kylep
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Great stuff KP. :D
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

Nice pic. they look Mint
----BUDDAH VFRS----
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

written_ficton wrote:Absolute nice looking machine, question to raise. Why does the appliance require a massive bullbar?
For the massive bulls...They burn one at the Dardanup show and I'm sure one is sitting on a sign somewhere north of Australind. :)

The NSW RFS trucks used to have huge bullbars but they replaced them with lightweight homebuilt looking cold dipped ones. Never did find out why, but it really made you think twice before pushing into the bush.
MasterScorp

Post by MasterScorp »

Its still not in service yet as all the training has not been completed as yet. It is parked out the back of the station until the modifications to the engine room are completed. The new UPHR is longer then the old acco and they cant close the rear door. I hae a couple of pics on my phone including a video of the lights going at night. I will get some more pics next time I get down to the station.
Bunury VFRS
CP11 & LT294