Those new speed camera's

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Those new speed camera's

Post by written_ficton »

In all honesty if someone has a problem with me showing these pictures the Mods are more than welcome to take them down. I thought it would be great for members of WARSUG to see these up close.

We all know what a speed camera looks like but here are a few shots on them close up during a 40 km/h zone. These are the new 2 - way speed cameras that take photos of both lanes.

The officer mentioned that they have around 25meters of cable to 'play' with whilst positioning the vehicle, but soon these cameras will be able to go 'wireless' [whenever that they are given them]

8 Vehicles were pinged travelling in excess of 40 km/h

I've closed the door!
yorky

Re: Those new speed camera's

Post by yorky »

Bloody cash cows. Catching all those hard working citizens!

Note: Sarcasm.

Great clear pics, keep it up. Lets see you capture the white van with clear backside next :-"
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Amb510

Post by Amb510 »

Great pics

Anyone who cant see them deserves to be pinged
HL 101

Post by HL 101 »

Thanks w_f good pictures :)
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

In New Zealand the set up stays in the boot of the car, and they just pull up, pop the boot ans start snapping.

I wonder when WA will go the way of other places, removing speed cameras from our roads, like the UK, and i understand NSW to be doing the same, it has been proven they dont prevent accidents, rather create more as people are looking for them instead of paying attention while driving.

However if they said they are getting wireless ones, i doubt they have any intention of removing them.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

AO11912 wrote:In New Zealand the set up stays in the boot of the car, and they just pull up, pop the boot ans start snapping.

I wonder when WA will go the way of other places, removing speed cameras from our roads, like the UK, and i understand NSW to be doing the same, it has been proven they dont prevent accidents, rather create more as people are looking for them instead of paying attention while driving.

However if they said they are getting wireless ones, i doubt they have any intention of removing them.
they are testing them at the moment... new cameras, with stupidly big back windows that stand out like dogs balls.

They keep the boot door down I believe
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

In NSW they got rid of mobile speed cameras a few years ago. They have just been reintroduced, though are operated by contractors to the Roads and Traffic Authority. They are now Ford Territories and setup such that they essentially pull up on the side of the road and are ready to go. The various equipment is mounted in the rear of the vehicle and on the roof, with the photos taken through the glass.

Also, they have fixed speed cameras, though there are 3-4 signs warning you as you approach those.
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

kylep wrote:In NSW they got rid of mobile speed cameras a few years ago. They have just been reintroduced, though are operated by contractors to the Roads and Traffic Authority. They are now Ford Territories and setup such that they essentially pull up on the side of the road and are ready to go. The various equipment is mounted in the rear of the vehicle and on the roof, with the photos taken through the glass.

Also, they have fixed speed cameras, though there are 3-4 signs warning you as you approach those.

I seen on that show thats done in the UK, they have a Van that parks on the side of the freeway/motorway and scans number plates as they drive past, check the details of the car eg stolen or expired, then they radio through to a patrol car

I think our money could be better spent on that removing expired vehicles and catching stolen cars over trying to revenue raise with expensive speed cameras
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

It's a voluntary tax... you speed, you pay... don't speed, don't pay. Simple really. :mrgreen:
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

AO11912 wrote: I seen on that show thats done in the UK, they have a Van that parks on the side of the freeway/motorway and scans number plates as they drive past, check the details of the car eg stolen or expired, then they radio through to a patrol car

I think our money could be better spent on that removing expired vehicles and catching stolen cars over trying to revenue raise with expensive speed cameras
The APNR system, excellent system, but just to let you know they don't radio through to a patrol car. Each Interceptor has onboard computer, i.e TARDIS which brings up the car that has committed the 'crime'
I've closed the door!
yorky

Post by yorky »

They run both in the UK. Both fixed ANPR, mobile fixed ANPR with the radio through to a local vehicle, and mobile ANPR on the local vehicles (The Interceptors woo!).

It also is not cheap, and needs a rigorous back end to support it plus engineering it into vehicles etc etc... red tape galore I'd imagine.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
diggity

Post by diggity »

new fixed speed/red light camera has been installed on mandurah road x of dixon/gilmore. Interesting spot... Never seen or hear of an accident (seriou/fatal) there... Read and rae would have been better!
Infernal

Post by Infernal »

diggity wrote:new fixed speed/red light camera has been installed on mandurah road x of dixon/gilmore. Interesting spot... Never seen or hear of an accident (seriou/fatal) there... Read and rae would have been better!

As said before, its been proven that they dont reduce accidents, in fact in many cases they increase them, so it wouldn't matter if their had been any there or on.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

it increases them? Huh?
I've closed the door!
Schis

Post by Schis »

Albany is soon to get a new vehicle mounted speed camera so he can just pull up and start snapping..