Warradarge VBFB

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
auntys_eyes

Warradarge VBFB

Post by auntys_eyes »

On a recent drive back from Geraldton i managed to catch up with some members of the Warradarge VBFB. They were putting the finishing touches on the new extension to their station which can be seen on the left of the photo below. It houses a meeting/function room, kitchen, office and new toilets/change rooms. Previously any meetings would take place in the garage, just roll the trucks outside and carry on rain, hail or shine (and the Brand Highway is only metres away).

Warragarge 2.4R and Light Tanker

The dent in the front of the LT was sustained at the big Badgingarra fire late last year. The Warradarge LT was parked at the time and was reversed into by a large appliance from another brigade #-o
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
firefighter_wannabe
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC73XLT

Any good online scanner!

Re: Warradarge VBFB

Post by firefighter_wannabe »

Thats strange...i've never seen a nissan patrol souped up into a light tanker.
Is that normal or did the brigade decide on that?
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

FESA website says LTs could be Landcruisers or Patrols.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

That 3.4 looks strangely like the old Wanneroo 3.4 (non-standard air horn and beacons)
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Fastlane wrote:That 3.4 looks strangely like the old Wanneroo 3.4 (non-standard air horn and beacons)

There aint any Air horns on this old girl, they have also had it since new.

That i can tell you.
Smokey

Post by Smokey »

wasaint wrote:
Fastlane wrote:That 3.4 looks strangely like the old Wanneroo 3.4 (non-standard air horn and beacons)

That i can tell you.
Mate, look above the drivers door in the second pic of the 3.4.

Those two silver trumpets look alot like airhorns!

I agree with you fastlane, judging by pics i have of the Wanneroo 3.4 the lightbar is identical and unless it was the single cab build had that light style they are a one off light bar. All other 3.4R that i have seen have different lights.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

wasaint wrote:

That i can tell you.
Top of cab on drivers side is an air horn, with the chain for it visible through the drivers window (wrapped in foam). This was done as everyone got sick of the rattling of the chain. The lights on the roof and the protective bar over them is non-standard (was a local change). I expect the truck would've been delivered after mid 2007 or after that? I don't believe that type of vehicle has been available new under the ESL (replaced by Broadacre and the newer PTO driven 2.4R).

And my bad on the designation. The old 3.4R's actually only carried 2700litres of water, so should've been called 2.4's all along (as this one is).
LighteningCrashes
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: Tait2020

Post by LighteningCrashes »

Fastlane wrote:
wasaint wrote:

That i can tell you.
Top of cab on drivers side is an air horn, with the chain for it visible through the drivers window (wrapped in foam). We did this with both 'coz we got sick of the rattling of the chain. The lights on the roof and the protective bar over them is non-standard (was a local change). I expect the truck would've been delivered after mid 2007 or after that? I don't believe that type of vehicle has been available new under the ESL (replaced by Broadacre and the newer PTO driven 2.4R).

And my bad on the designation. The old 3.4R's actually only carried 2700litres of water, so should've been called 2.4's all along (as this one is).
Is that thing that looks like a mike cord hanging near RV mirror the chain wrapped in foam or am I looking in the wrong spot?

Why do they use air horns? Do they run an airline up to the top of the cab for the air horn?
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

What you're seeing is the PA/intercom microphone cable. The air horn 'chain' is next to the drivers side window at the top.

Air horns are useful for getting the attention of 'motorists'. They use the same air reservoir as the rest of the truck. FESA doesn't fit them to BFS appliances, so there aren't many around with them.