Brookdale/Darling Downs Waste Facility Fire

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
gkoutlis

Brookdale/Darling Downs Waste Facility Fire

Post by gkoutlis »

Hi guys,

Managed to snap a few pics (not the best of quality) of the incident I attended on Sunday morning.

The Waste Facility Centre, on Hopkinson Road in Brookdale/Darling Downs.

The Fire was a 5th Alarm Hazmat - but down graded to 4th alarm. Prior to my departure yesterday late morning, fire was still going well underneath the surface, with an estimated 2.2 Million Litres of Water used, with very minimal effect. The fumes from the toxic smoke required all Fire Crews entering the "Hot Zone" to have the BA equipment on.

Air Intel - 611 was there for approx 45 minutes, and from looking inside the ICV on their huge screen, the fire under the surface was more active than they thought.

The Water Corp guys were fantastic with their Water tankers - I think one in the pics below were a 33,000 Lt capacity.

G

George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Froggles

Re: Brookdale/Darling Downs Waste Facility Fire

Post by Froggles »

Nice!

Thanks for the photos gkoutlis =D>
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

WARSUG Public Transport Moderator
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

agreed! Hope your guys didn't have to do too much work G. Especially with noxious gasses may not have done nice things to sweat and that do nice things to wounds :smt078
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Tyranus wrote:agreed! Hope your guys didn't have to do too much work G. Especially with noxious gasses may not have done nice things to sweat and that do nice things to wounds :smt078

Thanks guys :)

Yeah Ty - we did have a few, and for obvious reasons, I can state exactly who - but we had a few of the crews come back with slight breathing difficulties, nothing 100% Oxygen couldn't fix - but no, nothing major.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

gkoutlis wrote: nothing 100% Oxygen couldn't fix
Does it ever fail if you're feeling sick? I've heard good things about that stuff ;)
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.