Vic SES & CFA

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
gkoutlis

Re: Vic SES & CFA

Post by gkoutlis »

Fastlane wrote:Resource to Risk (and role)
Yes that's understandable.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Magnus
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Magnus »

woobla1 wrote:wow the vics really throw some money at the SES. Amazing looking trucks, looks like no expense was spared on there equipment.

Ford F250's or what ever they are, triangle blue & reds... very nice!!. I wonder if it was like that before 'black saturday'

Maybe a big federal govt money injection after?.

I was interested to see they have FESA patches? or am I going blind.

The vollies with the FESA patches were the 42 West Australians who went to assist

https://internet.fesa.wa.gov.au/mediare ... ItemId=411

The truck featured in the pics belongs to Sorrento (Vic) unit
This truck was self funded through fundraising activities - I was told it cost $189,000 fully fitted
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

Not all of these trucks are supplied by the state government. Alot of the SES units and Volunteer CFA brigades raise a large amount of monies to provide vehicles and equipment to supplement (and in a few cases, enhance or expand) the capabilities of the Government provided vehicles. As a general rule of thumb, emergency vehicles with red lettering number plates (they all start with M) are state government provided vehicles. All other vehicles with standard number plates (blue lettering number plates) are brigade/unit funded. For example if you look at the CFA vehicles, 2 have red number plates (pumper and tanker). These are provided by the government. The lighting unit (which has blue number plates) is usually majority funded by the local brigade, with possibley some assistance by the government. This funding would include the vehicle and equipment.