Jandakot Emergency Landing Incident - 7/2/10

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Jandakot Emergency Landing Incident - 7/2/10

Post by observer »

Smokey wrote:Which station is using a series 4 Pump? Canning Vale or Murdoch? 1 is Fremantle 2nd MPHR but who is the other 2?
Looks like Murdoch Pump (Series 3 MP), Fremantle 2nd (MPHR, based on a series 4 MP) Canning Vale (Series 2 HP) as well as Canning Vale 2.4
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Nafenn wrote:
yorky wrote:I did find it strange that the footage from Channel 7 was from the ground with the engine running but that clears that up.
the engine wasn't actually running... FTZ has a turbine engine, so when the engine is shut down, the prop will continue to turn
Nafenn - I believe Yorky meant the Ch7 Chopper engine. In the 7 News footage you can hear the helo running. If TVG was denied take-off, then the cammo probably just jumped out on to the grass to film FTZ coming in.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

auntys_eyes wrote:
Nafenn wrote:
yorky wrote:I did find it strange that the footage from Channel 7 was from the ground with the engine running but that clears that up.
the engine wasn't actually running... FTZ has a turbine engine, so when the engine is shut down, the prop will continue to turn
Nafenn - I believe Yorky meant the Ch7 Chopper engine. In the 7 News footage you can hear the helo running. If TVG was denied take-off, then the cammo probably just jumped out on to the grass to film FTZ coming in.
Which is exactly what happend :D

Once the Emergency Services made the area safe - VH-TVG - took off in a Westerly direction and didn't come back for an orbit of the area.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.