Bunbury Junior Demo

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Bunbury Junior Demo

Post by BuddahFRS »

took a few pic of Bunburys ICV that assistant as a timing stand for the junior demo. personally it looks like a porcupine with its 16 antannas on the roof. it has inside 5 Tait 2020 VHF. plus 3 Yellow Tait Radios, 1 which is the smaller type. i think its the same, there is a pic below. on the front dash. plus two unknown radios.

the next images is of a big radio i have not seen before, there was this big one and a smaller one. the back of the smaller one had on the back Codan 8532
----BUDDAH VFRS----
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: Bunbury Junior Demo

Post by vk6hgr »

BuddahFRS wrote: the back of the smaller one had on the back Codan 8532
That'd be an HF radio.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

The smaller yellow radio has the same functionality as the other TM8260. The only difference is the head and microphone have been merged into one.
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

It also has Tait Airband radio, Optus Fax/Phone. The HF hasn't been used for years. In the next couple of weeks it will have a BGAN satellite installation as well. The bus has a Clarke mast that can be erected with additional antennae should they need better range.(there is an antenna patch panel towards the back) We also have an Iveco SES ICV that has WAERN, Portable Tait UHF repeater, Motorola UHF and Codan 9323.(all radios have front and rear controls)