Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

WA Volunteer Bushfire Fighter Games 2009

Post by vk6hgr »

Forgot to bring camera so these are from the phone :)

Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
yorky

Re: WA Volunteer Bushfire Fighter Games 2009

Post by yorky »

Nice pics for a phone, I don't think they could possibly cram any more antenna's on the Wanneroo FSV :shock:
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

yorky wrote:Nice pics for a phone, I don't think they could possibly cram any more antenna's on the Wanneroo FSV :shock:
I was thinking that too. Antennas appear to be 3x VHF, 2x UHF & mobile phone.

I had a quick peek, it has a yellow VHF/UHF Tait TM8250 and two other Tait TM8250s, a GPS, mobile phone holder and probably more :)
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Don't you love the old Transperth Merc 0305 Mk2's popping up for a variety of uses. Without turning this into the debate, wish that volleys BFB could paint the vechiles in the traditional red.
I've closed the door!
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

written_ficton wrote:Don't you love the old Transperth Merc 0305 Mk2's popping up for a variety of uses. Without turning this into the debate, wish that volleys BFB could paint the vechiles in the traditional red.
Nothing stopping them if they wanted to. You can't purchse a Landcruiser in that colour though ('nor the yellow that they used to be), so adds to what is already an expensive proposition.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Fastlane wrote:
written_ficton wrote:Don't you love the old Transperth Merc 0305 Mk2's popping up for a variety of uses. Without turning this into the debate, wish that volleys BFB could paint the vechiles in the traditional red.
Nothing stopping them if they wanted to. You can't purchse a Landcruiser in that colour though ('nor the yellow that they used to be), so adds to what is already an expensive proposition.
i see ex fesa vehicles at the auctions all the time that are still red.... i cant see why you cant buy one in that colour... its just red...
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

donks wrote:
Fastlane wrote:
i see ex fesa vehicles at the auctions all the time that are still red.... i cant see why you cant buy one in that colour... its just red...
If they go to auction, they are beyond their useful life in the service. There are country BFB's getting refurbished red (ex FRS) light tankers.

To be honest, its only a colour? I'd be more concerned about the condition and operation of the appliance. Better to have a vehicle that is white than less vehicles 'coz you're having to paint them red (extra cost) or cutting something back as far as equipment etc is concerned. Remember... the BFB/BFS fleet is quite a lot larger than the Fire & Rescue fleet.

BTW..
vk6hgr wrote:I had a quick peek, it has a yellow VHF/UHF Tait TM8250 and two other Tait TM8250s, a GPS, mobile phone holder and probably more :)
The dual band radio is a TM8260 and one of the others is a TM8255 :)
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

Fastlane wrote:
Nothing stopping them if they wanted to. You can't purchase a Landcruiser in that colour though ('nor the yellow that they used to be), so adds to what is already an expensive proposition.
For what i have heard, if you want a red truck it cost and extra $5000. some VFRS Brigades have taken on white trucks (Port Hedland) and have kept the $5000 to use with the brigade, also some brigades have taken white trucks and $5000, then got the trucks painted for like $2000 and kept the $3000. this helps when someone in the brigade is a Painter. lol

Also in the second pic of the pump panel there are 3 speakers. why is there 3, usually there is only 1 or in some cases two when intercom in installed????
----BUDDAH VFRS----
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

BuddahFRS wrote:Also in the second pic of the pump panel there are 3 speakers. why is there 3, usually there is only 1 or in some cases two when intercom in installed????
additional radio.
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

Fastlane wrote:
BuddahFRS wrote:Also in the second pic of the pump panel there are 3 speakers. why is there 3, usually there is only 1 or in some cases two when intercom in installed????
additional radio.
ah ok coolies. :-k :-k :-k :-k hmm why didnt i think of that :smt021 :smt021
----BUDDAH VFRS----
Torquelimited
Amateur callsign: VK6FLAM
Scanners and Receivers: Icom IC-R70
Codan 9323
Icom 208 H

Post by Torquelimited »

If I remember correctly, there is also a self tune HF and two extra VHF mid bands on the back of that Wanneroo buggy.

Craig
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

Torquelimited wrote:If I remember correctly, there is also a self tune HF and two extra VHF mid bands on the back of that Wanneroo buggy.
Doesn't have a HF radio in it.