New TK car spotted in Kinross

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Re: New TK car spotted in Kinross

Post by Tyranus »

Ok I stand corrected by another contact of mine who advises no remote control.
They might be able to unlock the main rear door like you can on a lot of new cars but that's about it.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

written_ficton wrote:The Commodore Wagons never had a quick release button for the dog to 'fly out and catch the crim's' It would be a danger for the gods
I spoke to a K9 officer and he told me he has a button that he can press to drop a window if he is away from the vehicle and needs the dog in an emergency.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Turbo wrote:
written_ficton wrote:The Commodore Wagons never had a quick release button for the dog to 'fly out and catch the crim's' It would be a danger for the gods
I spoke to a K9 officer and he told me he has a button that he can press to drop a window if he is away from the vehicle and needs the dog in an emergency.
Are you sure he wasnt trying to pull your leg? Seriously?

Inside the commodore wagon there is a cage which holds the dog. To release tehe dog, one must open the boot then open the cage.

The side windows can drop yes, but as far as I know its just to let fresh air through on a hot stinker day! But I have seen no evidence that a dog can jump out the window of the car!
I've closed the door!
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

written_ficton wrote:
Turbo wrote:
The side windows can drop yes, but as far as I know its just to let fresh air through on a hot stinker day! But I have seen no evidence that a dog can jump out the window of the car!
And from memory, those side windows also have grills/mesh behind them.

Admin Edit: It is not hard to quote people and reduce the size of quotes, however please ensure that at the end of your sizings you are quoting people saying something they said not something someone else has said.
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

I didnt ask about the windows, he told me about it at a job ages ago when telling me a story about a traffic stop.

I believe him over any other "sources" on here.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

G'Day Turbo,

You can believe what you want, its a free world... We are all expressing

Having spent a good deal of time with the K9 officers I am pretty sure that I know the inside of the car, basically its a cage within the boot area.

To release the dog, one must first open the rear door and unlock the cage, from here the dog can be brought out.

The windows you talk about just drop down a % to let the cool breeze through especially on a hot day... There is no way the dog can 'jump' out unless the cages have changed since recently looking into one...
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Sorry guys this topic has been locked - in a bid to prevent a flame war starting between who is right and who is wrong.

Does it really matter at the end of the day?

Let's just be thankful the images are being shared with all on here to see - This bickering on Police cars having "quick release systems" for their K9 dogs - is very un-necessary.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.