Random SJA Landcruiser and VFAS Retrieval

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
gkoutlis

Random SJA Landcruiser and VFAS Retrieval

Post by gkoutlis »

Hi all;

Just a few random pics of the SJA Landcruiser taken at Ozzie Park Depo and the others are of the Retrieval Vehicle when I was on duty last Friday at Barbagello Raceway.

Enjoy. G

George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Re: Random SJA Landcruiser and VFAS Retrieval

Post by written_ficton »

The little suzuki has that annoying horn siren?
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

written_ficton wrote:The little suzuki has that annoying horn siren?
Nope not anymore - it has been disallowed - so its no longer being used.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

gkoutlis wrote:
written_ficton wrote:The little suzuki has that annoying horn siren?
Nope not anymore - it has been disallowed - so its no longer being used.

G
I would have thought so, it was terrible #-o
I've closed the door!
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Just curious was this a racing event or cams event or just car show ?
RIP
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

Are SJA doing Barbagallo now, hmmm thats intresting, might try get there for the V8's

*irons uniform :P*
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

AO11912:

AMS have literally double + half there prices lol (because no one else have put there hands up to do the work and for some reason SJA emerg have never been interested in it) so alot of clubs are now going back to trying to use other alternate providers.

I would dare bet that SJA Emerg would be doing V8's this year unless AMS sharpen the pencil.

Any motor racing n such need paramedics n a ambos more so if its a Cams event or proper motor racing event.

But other clubs can take the risk fact if they wish to use a first aid service only (No offence to those doing the first aid service)
RIP
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Nope - No racing - It was for Advanced Motorbike Riding... All of them Women on bikes no less than 250CC - and I think there were approx 60-70 bikes - *NOT ALL on at the same time obviously* - they had instructors on faster motorbikes - every rider had their Speedo covered up and just did approx 7-10 laps per group.

I was there as part of VFAS - not sure about the contract side of things....

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

Hey G

Any pics of the new OR1. Had a WA member over here visit and said there was a new Suzuki kicking about. No more sirens on OR2? How things can change in the short time that i've been away. I think that the volunteer vehicles up here don't have them any more. We have just had 2 Mercs converted at the end of last year but i don't know if the sirens are going on them or not. Ex ambulance service mercs.

Doing Barbagello again. We used to do it years ago but i think that would've been before you joined. (That makes me seem really old now. Old enough to say that i started out in a black and white uniform)
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

OR1 looks the same as OR2, apart from callsign and numberplate. does its virgin duty tomorrow at the skyshow, floating around northside
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

4353 wrote:AO11912:

AMS have literally double + half there prices lol (because no one else have put there hands up to do the work and for some reason SJA emerg have never been interested in it) so alot of clubs are now going back to trying to use other alternate providers.

I would dare bet that SJA Emerg would be doing V8's this year unless AMS sharpen the pencil.

Any motor racing n such need paramedics n a ambos more so if its a Cams event or proper motor racing event.

But other clubs can take the risk fact if they wish to use a first aid service only (No offence to those doing the first aid service)
Thats ok, im not VFAS, im Volunteer Ambulance Emergency, and work out of mandurah depot, i wonder if they would have a mix between paramedics, and Volly Emergency Ambo's to keep their cost down
AcesAP

Post by AcesAP »

AO11912 wrote: im Volunteer Ambulance Emergency

I haven't heard of this qualification from SJA. Could you elaborate please.....
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Your right though all a dollar factor.
SJA should jump on the ball and start taking back what they lost while AMS have nor bums on seats or vans to do there work.

AMS $2000 a day + travel time 1 van + response car (3 heads total)
SJA VFAS $1000 a day 1 van n 2 heads (I remember when it was only a donation lol)
RSLL $1200 Ambo + 2 heads
FI $1100 Ambo or stationwagon + 2 people

Those prices are pretty much spot on give or take a few dollars

wouldnt get too excited Volunteer Ambulance Emergency person (didnt know sja had this new qual lol how does one acquire this qual)

Oh the joys off the Mandurah Subcentre

I think being under Metro it would be 2 paramedics as a CAMS requirement obviously country sub centres doing speedway or the races would have para n a vollie a/o or just two vollie a/os.

But great pics anyways G
RIP
SJANT
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by SJANT »

Random question. With the new OR1 and OR2 i guess retrieval team is still running unless i'm mistaken. Anyone got any more info?
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

SJANT wrote:Random question. With the new OR1 and OR2 i guess retrieval team is still running unless i'm mistaken. Anyone got any more info?

Yeah mate it's still running - well and truly. I think its a vital part for VFAS event though they are NOT for "Patient Transfer" to Hospital, but really a pick up of a patient requiring more than 30mins of care - and taken back to the CCP (Casualty Clearing Post) OR First Aid Room. They are strictly confined to the boundaries within the event, such as the Royal Show.

SJANT, you would know about this ;) Nothing much has really changed.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member