Random SJA Landcruiser and VFAS Retrieval

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Re: Random SJA Landcruiser and VFAS Retrieval

Post by Infernal »

AcesAP wrote:
AO11912 wrote: im Volunteer Ambulance Emergency

I haven't heard of this qualification from SJA. Could you elaborate please.....
Volunteer Ambulance Officers, with out them 90% of the state would not have a ambulance services, we take the place of paramedics in country locations, im surprised you dont know about this, when a large percentage of SJA is volunteer ambos

I am trained to use all the equipment in the back of the ambulance, not including Advanced air way management (incubation) and Calculation, im allowed to use the Defibs including the Zoll M series, and give a range of drugs, including Isordol, Salbultamole, and adrenaline via EpiPen, with out the supervision of a Paramedic,

If you work for SJA as a paramedic, then inquire about doing a relief shift at one of the Paramedic/Volunteer Depots, which include Mandurah, Northam, Bunbry, Gerldton, Collie, Norseman, Albany, and Kalgoorlie, to name a few, you will see why VAO's (volunteer Ambulance Officers) dont like to be compared or called VFAS, because we do more than what they do
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

AO11912 wrote:
AcesAP wrote:
AO11912 wrote: im Volunteer Ambulance Emergency

I haven't heard of this qualification from SJA. Could you elaborate please.....
Volunteer Ambulance Officers, with out them 90% of the state would not have a ambulance services, we take the place of paramedics in country locations, im surprised you dont know about this, when a large percentage of SJA is volunteer ambos

I am trained to use all the equipment in the back of the ambulance, not including Advanced air way management (incubation) and Calculation, im allowed to use the Defibs including the Zoll M series, and give a range of drugs, including Isordol, Salbultamole, and adrenaline via EpiPen, with out the supervision of a Paramedic,

If you work for SJA as a paramedic, then inquire about doing a relief shift at one of the Paramedic/Volunteer Depots, which include Mandurah, Northam, Bunbry, Gerldton, Collie, Norseman, Albany, and Kalgoorlie, to name a few, you will see why VAO's (volunteer Ambulance Officers) dont like to be compared or called VFAS, because we do more than what they do
I think this topic is very off-topic - but for the record AO - AcesAP did not compare you or called you VFAS. What AcesAp was getting at though, is there is no such Title in the Ambulance Service here in WA called "Volunteer Ambulance EMERGENCY" - It's Just Volunteer Ambulance Officer - that's it.

What ever qualification you may have by doing the PAC course and other Pre-Hospital care courses, DOES NOT qualify a Vollie AO to be called "Volunteer Ambulance EMERGENCY"

AcesAP is more experienced than you think - and he has done more shifts at the Depos you listed, than any lifetime...

I think enough has been said. Lets stay back on the topic which are Pics of First Aid Vehicles and SJA Rapid Response.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
eswife

Post by eswife »

Here are a couple of close up pics of one of the new SJA Team Leader's 4WD....

Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Post by Mug »

Good pics.

Still hasn't lost any antennas,seems to of actually gained a few.
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

I think I spotted this over in Crawley on Friday night... Unfortunately I couldnt get my camera out, or stay for a photo thanks to another call we were doing...

Actually they dont look bad =D> =D> =D>
I've closed the door!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Brilliant photos there eswife... I was going to grab a few pics of the new Landcruiser when we have a special visit from a special person in the coming weeks ;)

Will keep you all posted.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.