Bridgetown fire

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
wizzard

Bridgetown fire

Post by wizzard »

was down around bridgetown this weekend and managed to get a few snaps of what was happening down there, i didnt go pushing my luck to get close to the fire etc, i was good and followed all instructions (roadclosures etc) even if i did know back roads to get past the road closure points

While in bridgetown saw Roleystone 2.4U and a lot of DEC vehicles, and bridgetown Fire guys refreshing themselves at thier station

Donneybrook turning into Kirup DEC

Looking towards fire on Sat 17/1/09 from Cundinup-Kirup Road near ferndale road

Looking towards fire on Sat 17/1/09 from brockman highway, 2km west of marinup ford road

Looking towards fire on Sat 17/1/09 from brockman highway above Riverside chalets

Closeup of fireground from Riverside chalets

Brockman highway, 400m west of Morkerdillup road (3km west of bridgetown)

Bridgetown Showgrounds sunday morning 18/1/09
Glen
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Bridgetown fire

Post by Glen »

thank's for pictures
It look like a small trun out to the King's Park fire but most of the troops would bee out on the fire ground??
Regards Glen
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

Glen wrote:thank's for pictures
It look like a small trun out to the King's Park fire but most of the troops would bee out on the fire ground??
The photos were taken about 10ish, so guessing most would be out on the fireground etc, as not quite lunch time, and guessing they were on top, keep it that way too
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

:D
Last edited by Smithy on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

Yesterday morning, at shift change, the carpark was overflowing. There was a stream of buses and taxi's to transport the troops in and out plus all the fire units (of all services, dec, fesa, bfs, wapres, mining companies,etc). Full credit to the DEC for the set up.
Special mention must go to to the Bridgetown Bushfire Support Unit operating from Maranup Road at the start then moving to the showgrounds. Their continuous supply of fresh and toasted sandwiches was appreciated by all.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

What is that DEC trailer?
wizzard

Post by wizzard »

Toottoot wrote:What is that DEC trailer?
maybe - ?? communication vehicle as you can see the "ication vehicle" bit
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

Smithy wrote:that water tanker in the last pic. is that a private mining tanker?
looks like the one from Boddington thats all
thats not a water tanker, its a service truck, carries fuel, oils, grease, ect, ect, ect
----BUDDAH VFRS----
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

wizzard wrote:
Toottoot wrote:What is that DEC trailer?
maybe - ?? communication vehicle as you can see the "ication vehicle" bit
its DECs ICV ive seen proper pics of it another forum, its based South somewhere.
Sinbin

Post by Sinbin »

This was a big fire. Bunbury VFRS was sent down on friday night we got back to station about 2am then went back down again at 2pm saturday to give evac notice to Greenbushes townsite.
There were over 150 fire fighters (excluding the DEC crews).
Almost went back down there tonight but didnt end up going, although we still might have to go.
Bunbury VFRS
CP11 & LT300
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

The big trailer is ONE of the DEC ICV trailers I believe it is nick-named "Priscilla". It does say Communications on the side. The little grey boxes are container style offices for Recon, Media/Liason. Planning, etc. The white bus hiding between the boxes is DEC Operations. FESA Ops was there somewhere as well. Small white Marquee is check in/out/Tcard. Big white marquee is Catering. Dozer pad off to the left out of picture.

The DEC truck with the cherry picker arm and callsign HL1 (Snuffie) has a monitor on the end and is used for putting out fires in the top of trees.

I think the red and white helo was Helicopters Australia but I don't know anything about the green one. Was there this morning but flew off around lunch.

Sinbin, was your 2.4 down there today? I thought I heard the callsign.
Sinbin

Post by Sinbin »

Im with Bunbury VFRS but Bunbury BFS has been down there since friday.
we were scheduled to go down for patrol duty tonight but got stood down after the second fire (i was told it was in Forrestdale) and were put on standby for that.
so im just sitting and waiting for the call.
Bunbury VFRS
CP11 & LT300
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Sinbin wrote:Im with Bunbury VFRS but Bunbury BFS has been down there since friday.
we were scheduled to go down for patrol duty tonight but got stood down after the second fire (i was told it was in Forrestdale) and were put on standby for that.
Sorry, I'm still sorting everyone out. Over in NSW it was just NSWFB, NSW RFS, Parks and Forests and they all looked really different.

Isn't Forrestdale near Armadale?

I think they got lucky with Leewana and were able to throw everything at it quickly.
Sinbin

Post by Sinbin »

thats cool i was there so i know there was alot of units there and alot of private vehicles with firefighter units on the back
was a bit of a balls up on friday night but was quickly sorted out and then ran smoothly.
I say well done to all involved.
Bunbury VFRS
CP11 & LT300
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by BuddahFRS »

dlcat1 wrote:
Sinbin wrote:Im with Bunbury VFRS but Bunbury BFS has been down there since friday.
Sorry, I'm still sorting everyone out. Over in NSW it was just NSWFB, NSW RFS, Parks and Forests and they all looked really different.

Isn't Forrestdale near Armadale?

I think they got lucky with Leewana and were able to throw everything at it quickly.
yeah forrestdale is near Armadale, its in our fire district and i live like 2 mins away from it, and yeah there are no fires here mate.
----BUDDAH VFRS----