Bridgetown fire

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
BuddahFRS
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Bridgetown fire

Post by BuddahFRS »

i think the green one is used by either DEC or BFS. i am sure that was the one that scared the crap out of me during karagullen. it flew over us just as i turned of the pump on a old LT. (those of us who can remember, they were Honda 5HP with no exhaust, thus very loud.)
----BUDDAH VFRS----
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

BuddahFRS wrote:i think the green one is used by either DEC or BFS. i am sure that was the one that scared the crap out of me during karagullen. it flew over us just as i turned of the pump on a old LT. (those of us who can remember, they were Honda 5HP with no exhaust, thus very loud.)

MMMM memories loud pumps, whaty was that you said, i cant hear you speak up i say LOL
Kingy

Post by Kingy »

A bit late, but...

Here is my contribution to this thread. I was there on Friday night, and, yes, it was less than satisfactory regarding comms and control, but we found the fire, and stopped it.

http://dunsboroughbfb.googlepages.com/b ... wnfire2009

Kingy(Mal)
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Was down that way yesterday for work and your pine plantation (top of hester hill N both sides of the road, is being recovery felled very quickly. Won't be any left by the end of the month.

The recently felled bluegum plantation in the NE sector, east of the SW highway is coppicing nicely, and as all the trash got burnt off, low fire risk for the second rotation. I know the blokes who logged that and they were really thankful. The job finished on the Thursday and the last machines were floated out friday morning.

Lots of Bracken resprouting but didn't get into any of the native forest to see how that was going.
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

what is that snorkel HL1 can anyone give specs or why does it have a snorkel lift
I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH DFES OR BFB
Closing the door for a while.
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

hold_3_n wrote:what is that snorkel HL1 can anyone give specs or why does it have a snorkel lift
Snorkie or something like that they call it. It gets used to squirt water into burning stags and where hollow trees are candling way above, where you just cannot reach with a hose. Not sure of the specs but don't think its much more than the pumps you find on the 3.4.
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

dlcat1 wrote:
hold_3_n wrote:what is that snorkel HL1 can anyone give specs or why does it have a snorkel lift
Snorkie or something like that they call it. It gets used to squirt water into burning stags and where hollow trees are candling way above, where you just cannot reach with a hose. Not sure of the specs but don't think its much more than the pumps you find on the 3.4.
found it http://www.snorkellifts.com/TruckMounte ... EPV16A&i=o
dlcat1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dlcat1 »

Its similar to that, but if you look carefully, or take my word for it, it doesn't have an elevated work platform/cage at the end of the boom. Just a director/monitor/marauder head so the operators can get water into trees burning way above.
hold3n
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by hold3n »

dlcat1 wrote:Its similar to that, but if you look carefully, or take my word for it, it doesn't have an elevated work platform/cage at the end of the boom. Just a director/monitor/marauder head so the operators can get water into trees burning way above.
hmm true that excellent sight their