WA Governors Vehicle

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Caddy1

WA Governors Vehicle

Post by Caddy1 »

Saw the Governors car out and about today thought I'd take a photo. Love the numberplate!
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Re: WA Governors Vehicle

Post by vk6hgr »

Caddy1 wrote: Saw the Governors car out and about today thought I'd take a photo. Love the numberplate!
I've always wondered how that car is registered (in the Road Traffic Code sort of sense). Is the license plate 'CROWN'?
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
yorky

Post by yorky »

I wonder how its typed into TADIS.

Now where's that crown symbol hiding...

:lol:
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
playworth
Banned

Post by playworth »

or if it speeds and the speed camera flashes and light rebounds off so it cant catch the REAL rego :twisted:
NJ102 to VKI,where the option button on tadis.
VKI to NJ102,we dont have option button up here
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

one word: IMMUNITY
To stop displaying signatures, go to the User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit display options > Display signatures > No > Submit
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Like the PMs car, the number plate is put on the car that the G or PM is riding in, like the Airforce 1 call sign in the US. I have seen one of the cars the PM uses when he is over here has a PT number plate but it changes to the C*1 when he alights the vehicle.

Now who knows about the 1WA number plate? Who uses these? I know it is a government department but I think it is more likely MPs maybe Dept of Premier and Cabinet? Is there a difference between the 1WA and 9WA number plates you see at Parliament House?
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

The '1WA xxx' series were originally allocated to the Department of Premier and Cabinet for state government ministerial vehicles, though these days the ministerial cars just have standard issue plates. The 1WAs and 9WAs are generally now used on State Government fleet vehicles allocated to the Department of Premier and Cabinet, usually driven by public servants who have a vehicle as part of their package.

The Governor's vehicle probably has a conventional licence plate allocated to it, as it's a registered road-going vehicle with CTP insurance: I expect has an exemption from actually having to display it.