Good photo's there mate.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Tyranus wrote:Good photo's there mate.
The second was one fuzzy, cause I went oooooowwww, turn on snap!
I've closed the door!
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Re:

Post by Fastlane »

written_ficton wrote:
Tyranus wrote:Good photo's there mate.
The second was one fuzzy, cause I went oooooowwww, turn on snap!
2nd one would be Rockingham Chief. Local Govt, not a FESA vehicle.

Roof rack looks a bit... :P
realfirie
Banned

Re: FESA Perth 3rd & FESA Vehicle

Post by realfirie »

Roof rack looks a bit...
If you didnt work for fesa why would you want your vehicle to like like you did? Its kinda creating a false belief :^o :^o :^o

I understand the job is kinda related to fesa but is this even legal? its just like a local govt. security guard doing his car up to look like a cop car. One would think it would have some form of markings to identify it as the cbfco and not a fesa manager. It doesn,t even have a city of rockingham sticker on it.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

realfirie wrote:

Roof rack looks a bit...
If you didnt work for fesa why would you want your vehicle to like like you did? Its kinda creating a false belief :^o :^o :^o

I understand the job is kinda related to fesa but is this even legal? its just like a local govt. security guard doing his car up to look like a cop car. One would think it would have some form of markings to identify it as the cbfco and not a fesa manager. It doesn,t even have a city of rockingham sticker on it.
Not to mention the lightbar!
I've closed the door!
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

realfirie wrote:

Roof rack looks a bit...

Until not long ago, FESA manager vehicles were complete unmarked. There are unmarked Police Vehicles. There are unmarked Western Power vehicles.

What is your problem?

FESA managers vehicles have FESA logos on them. And in fact, Local Govt vehicles had the 3M diamond striping long before 'FESA' and 'FRS' did. !
SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

The salary package for CFM's are a joint FESA and Local Govt aswell, so it might be FESA supplies a vehicle plus 50% of the wage component and local govt provides the remaining 50% of wages + Local ZGovt benefits and if its regional a subsidised house.
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

Thanx smashed but i am aware of that situation. The city of rockingham did have a cfm a couple of years ago but decided against it. The vehicle in the picture is the rockingham emergency service administration manager who also acts a the cbfco from what i understand it is 100% employed and payed for by local govt.

I just thought there might be some form of regulations in place to stop people impersenating a vehicle of the fire brigade.

Isnt it a little strange how in some areas the bfb cbfco, dcbfco, fco, captains etc get away with driving around in these vehicles(some private vehicles mind you) emergancy road conditions. I sure know what would happen if a vfrs captain or officer was doing the same. It just dosnt seem right.

And for those who are going to say im lying dont bother as i have plenty of examples (seen first hand) that can supply you with but attacks on certain individuals on this site is prohibited.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

realfirie wrote:Thanx smashed but i am aware of that situation. The city of rockingham did have a cfm a couple of years ago but decided against it. The vehicle in the picture is the rockingham emergency service administration manager who also acts a the cbfco from what i understand it is 100% employed and payed for by local govt.

I just thought there might be some form of regulations in place to stop people impersenating a vehicle of the fire brigade.

Isnt it a little strange how in some areas the bfb cbfco, dcbfco, fco, captains etc get away with driving around in these vehicles(some private vehicles mind you) emergancy road conditions. I sure know what would happen if a vfrs captain or officer was doing the same. It just dosnt seem right.

And for those who are going to say im lying dont bother as i have plenty of examples (seen first hand) that can supply you with but attacks on certain individuals on this site is prohibited.
Read up on the law mate. This has been discussed to death on here. The 'Fire Services' dont start and end with FESA / Fire & Rescue, so I hardly see where there is any 'impersonation' ?
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

Millsy that is not what i am saying if you took the time to read. What i said is that it is illegal to drive a vehicle emergency road conditions unless it is a vehicle of the fire brigade or a vehicle deemed an emergency vehicle by the minister. The law is the law mate i dont make it up.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

While everyone's entitled to a difference of opinion, please take care everyone to keep things polite and civil ;)

Muchly appreciated...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

I know that RealFirie, how do you know that it's not a registered Emergency Vehicle though?
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Folks I think it's fair to say by the fact that it's stickered with the 000 phone number and if it's used by the Rockingham Chief then it's a registered emergency vehicle. If this continues for much longer of flares up again then I will lock it.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
observer
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by observer »

Interesting the Rockingham Chief being in Perth. Wonder if there is any truth to the rumours he has applied and is faviorate for a vacant CFM position NOR.