Redbull Air Race 2008

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Matt. »

I grabbed a couple of quick ones also , at first I thought the truck belonged to a command post but just noticed it has a roadshow number plate.

Matt

I don't really care much for police stuff but know you guys are into it so here are a couple,

They where just a couple of quickies Ill post more when I go down over the next few days, Thanks Matt
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

matt_au_70 wrote:I grabbed a couple of quick ones also , at first I thought the truck belonged to a command post but just noticed it has a roadshow number plate.

Matt

I don't really care much for police stuff but know you guys are into it so here are a couple,

Edit: removed pictures as there was no need to have them displayed again.

They where just a couple of quickies Ill post more when I go down over the next few days, Thanks Matt
Cheers Matt, obvious you have better camera than us all yesterday :)
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Cheers Matt - Some awesome shots there, and I'm sure there are alot of people who like the WAPOL shots ;)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

written_ficton wrote:Cheers Matt, obvious you have better camera than us all yesterday :)
yeah... my camera is the equivilent of a Kodak Box-Brownie according to most people
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Nafenn wrote:
written_ficton wrote:Cheers Matt, obvious you have better camera than us all yesterday :)
yeah... my camera is the equivilent of a Kodak Box-Brownie according to most people
the only problem is if your on the city foreshore the zoom doesnt quite reach to where the red bull race is going on.

However if we go to south perth foreshore it would be better
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Matt. »

Nafenn wrote:
Dont worry about who has what , a photo is a photo , it records a moment in time and is as important as they next image, keep taking and keep posting!

Matt
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Matt. »

written_ficton wrote:
Nafenn wrote:
the only problem is if your on the city foreshore the zoom doesnt quite reach to where the red bull race is going on.

Thats where I took these , a street away from where I am staying , I only have a 70 to 200 so I have to get close.

Ill be back there on and off today and then all day Saturday.

Anyone know where they have any fire appliances and stuff , thought there would be a couple near the airstrip.

Thanks Matt
jasonjag
Banned

Or you could

Post by jasonjag »

written_ficton wrote:
Nafenn wrote:

You could swim out to a pontoon and hide behind the cones,lol ,

if you go south perth side , you get trampled on, people stand in front of you, 1st year where i was on Rowing ramp, there were a few agressive fights of people showing up later and standing in your early view, I just yell move or sit down, stuff them.. jj
w0mbat
Scanners and Receivers: AOR 8200 MKIII

Roulettes

Post by w0mbat »

Photo did not come out too well.

Out at Jandakot Friday before the RBAR 08

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

More pics taken today 31/10. Great view of aircraft landing, pity my camera was playing up thanks to the batteries.

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Mate, impressive photos there - And how good is that pic of the WAPOL lightbar... Very nice indeed. 8)

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
Infernal
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBC60XLT

Post by Infernal »

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Ooops forgot these two

gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Impressive shots there mate.. Should've come past and said hi. ;)
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Taken at 3.09pm from my office window