Redbull Air Race 2008

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
gkoutlis

Redbull Air Race 2008

Post by gkoutlis »

Hi guys,

Have designed this sticky - for all to post their WAPOL, SJA, FESA and Redbull, plus more - pictures up here.. One central location ;) makes things easier for all..

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Great Thinking, give me 20mins to upload
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

written_ficton wrote:Great Thinking, give me 20mins to upload
* hits the quote button *

Cheers Written_Fiction - yeah thought I would be "proactive" and do my job well :8 Look forward to seeing the pics.

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

RED BULL 30/10

Post by written_ficton »

Practice time. Lunch break went down and took a few snaps, not a real good quality camera hence the zoom was used to max....

If there no good please take them off

ALL PICTURES WERE TAKING BY ME AND ARE COPYRIGHT! so to those people who will question me if they are mine can fob off!

Ooops, he hit it

The blower upper team racers into action

Getting their

These guys were flooring it!

Going past the blower uppers, note its back up straight

Screaming through the intersection

Chase helicopter landing to refuel

Last edited by written_ficton on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

The last two pictures, isnt that a VY commodore wagon?
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

haha GK :P
Some good shots there W_F, thanks for sharing.
I dunno, I can tell you it's a Police car and goes weeoooo...oh and it's a holden
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Fantastic contribution Written Fiction - absolutley well done - we appreciate you for sharing these pics, hope there is more to come :)

I have no intention of removing these pics mate - they look fine to me.

I will re-iterate to everyone - that the Copyright of the above pics belong to Written Fiction, no one is permitted to use these pictures without his consent. I draw your attention to here --> http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4208

G
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

silent_wingz

Post by silent_wingz »

written_ficton wrote:The last two pictures, isnt that a VY commodore wagon?
VZ Exec
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

silent_wingz wrote:
VZ Exec
I had a sneaking suspicion that it was a VZ - cheers for confirming it with us 8)
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

gkoutlis wrote:Fantastic contribution Written Fiction - absolutley well done - we appreciate you for sharing these pics, hope there is more to come :)

I will re-iterate to everyone - that the Copyright of the above pics belong to Written Fiction, no one is permitted to use these pictures without his consent. I draw your attention to here --> http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4208

G
Dude, I think you are overstating the obvious (that and the fact that written fiction has an attitute problem and seems to take a stab at the moderators of this forum at every opportunity - ie "so to those people who will question me if they are mine can fob off!")
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Fastlane wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:Fantastic contribution Written Fiction - absolutley well done - we appreciate you for sharing these pics, hope there is more to come :)

G
Dude, I think you are overstating the obvious (that and the fact that written fiction has an attitute problem and seems to take a stab at the moderators of this forum at every opportunity - ie "so to those people who will question me if they are mine can fob off!")
Fastlane Hi,

A) No attitude problem what so ever
B) No stab at all for the moderators, I'm just tired of the people [not moderators ] that question me about my photos. It's happened time and time again in PM's that's all.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

gkoutlis wrote:
silent_wingz wrote:
VZ Exec
I had a sneaking suspicion that it was a VZ - cheers for confirming it with us 8)
Thanks, it just looked like a VY from when I kept looking at it.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

Well done WF with the pics, and well done to George for putting the sticky up so we can all post our RBAR offerings in the one place. Good thinking! :)
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

written_ficton wrote:
gkoutlis wrote:
silent_wingz wrote: VZ Exec
Thanks, it just looked like a VY from when I kept looking at it.
impossible to tell from the rear aleast.. as far as im aware the only cosmetic differences between VY-VZ are the front grille and headlights??

could be wrong though. =]

TOP photos as well mate! please keep up the good work! and dont worry bout wat others say in PMs mate.. atleast YOU know they are your pics.. and thats all that counts.
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

Taken today... out on the south side of the river.

Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!