Mount Barker VFRS Open Day

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
WPXZBP

Mount Barker VFRS Open Day

Post by WPXZBP »

Mount Barker had an open day today to try to show the public what we do and how we do it. Cold (12°C), wet and windy conditions kept most of the public away (not to mention the RAN and USN in Albany) but the people who did show were met by a nice sausage sizzle, warm drinks and friendly folks.

Some of the people saw the crew turn out to an MVA and fire - I reckon seeing a crew of firies racing in, getting kitted up and racing off would have been an eye-opener.

Several BFS appliances and an SES trailer were also present. No pic of the trailer sorry.

"Narrikup 3" - I guess it's what is referred to as "Narrikup 3.4.2". It's an old International truck which didn't come to the Open Day.

Narpyn 3.4R

Narrikup 2.4R

Middle Ward 2.4B
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Good shots Wes.
Looks like it's a standard thing then, when a brigade has an open day the heavens open and prevent too many fires from happening...but also people from coming, which is what happened with Guildford fire station last year.
I'm hoping Narpyn is getting it's rear tyres replaced soon too, it's not exactly promoting good servicing. I realise the tyres are expensive and they probably don't get a lot of money but surely even the association could cover something like that where safety is involved!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Methinks tyres are a Shire issue. The appliances usually get serviced around now, just before summer fire season.
SmashedXR6T

Post by SmashedXR6T »

Where are the pictures of your red trucks!!
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Tyranus wrote:I'm hoping Narpyn is getting it's rear tyres replaced soon too, it's not exactly promoting good servicing. I realise the tyres are expensive and they probably don't get a lot of money but surely even the association could cover something like that where safety is involved!
The shire applies for an operating budget each year which covers vehicle maintenance and repairs, courtesy of the Emergency Services Levy.
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

The shire applies for an operating budget each year which covers vehicle maintenance and repairs, courtesy of the Emergency Services Levy.
Who cares who is paying for it. Thats just outright dangerous to its crew and any other road user that it may have to avoid. It should have a unroadworthy sticker cause im sure my car would if i was driving with tyres like that. Its even worse cause its a truck
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

realfirie wrote:
Who cares who is paying for it. Thats just outright dangerous to its crew and any other road user that it may have to avoid. It should have a unroadworthy sticker cause im sure my car would if i was driving with tyres like that. Its even worse cause its a truck
I was following up on who should pay for such things, did I say that it was acceptable that the tyres are bald??? (or did anyone else?) No, I didn't think so. No need to be so abrasive all the time.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

The tyres are not bald. The photo editing and poor light conditions make it appear that they are.

Pics of MBVFRS appliances have been posted before in the Pictures forum. As there's nothing new to photograph on that side of things, I didn't take any.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

WPXZBP wrote:The tyres are not bald. The photo editing and poor light conditions make it appear that they are.

Pics of MBVFRS appliances have been posted before in the Pictures forum. As there's nothing new to photograph on that side of things, I didn't take any.
That makes sense on both accounts.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.