DRIFT WA pics - Collie

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

DRIFT WA pics - Collie

Post by donks »

Hey all... Heat 1 of WA Drift competition was held over the weekend down in Collie.
I was Filming the day from trackside and I even managed to get a few pics when I had a chance.

Some of the pics quality isnt 100% due to smoke from the burnout comps playing havok with the camera!

This car lost control and smashed into the tyre next to the one we were filming from!

Ambulance on scene... dont know if its SJA or not... but the ambos were in similar uniform to SJA....

Preston Roads 2.4 on scene

will post more later
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

cheers mate,
Agreed smoke isn't the best thing for auto focus.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

i know. my friend who was doing all the still photography for the day got some really good photos of the day.. but then again his camera is worth $6000+ and mine is just a $250 digi! haha

if anyone is keen on checking out the drifts, the next heat is @ Barbagallo in a few weeks time!! come check it out, its an inexpensive way to spend a saturday arvo! Will send details to anyone interested!
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

donks wrote:i know. my friend who was doing all the still photography for the day got some really good photos of the day.. but then again his camera is worth $6000+ and mine is just a $250 digi! haha

if anyone is keen on checking out the drifts, the next heat is @ Barbagallo in a few weeks time!! come check it out, its an inexpensive way to spend a saturday arvo! Will send details to anyone interested!
Same weekend as Bathurst, isn't it?? (unless thats something else..)
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Donks: It does look like a SJA Ambo maybe its one being sold and removed the decals and just using it for first aid duties n such.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Sat May 16, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

bomber wrote:In the first photo the blokes uniform badge certainly looks like a Vol st johns uniform.

I think you may be right 4353 re the van. The number plate is a collie plate. As they are co-staff they would have a merc as there ambulance
these are ex sja staff working now for event paramedic who does the collie raceway so im led to believe. I think they are a hubby and wife team
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

canon wrote:
bomber wrote:In the first photo the blokes uniform badge certainly looks like a Vol st johns uniform.

I think you may be right 4353 re the van. The number plate is a collie plate. As they are co-staff they would have a merc as there ambulance
these are ex sja staff working now for event paramedic who does the collie raceway so im led to believe. I think they are a hubby and wife team
Can ex-SJA staff wear their uniform with SJA logo on them?
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

no they cant
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
canon
Banned

Post by canon »

munchkin1981 wrote:no they cant
perhaps they still have an affiliation with sja? dunno , but these days nothing surprises me anymore lol
truth is stranger than fiction. Its better to tell the truth and accept your destiny than to BS your way through and have a lonely life.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

[quote="munchkin1981"]no they cant[/quote]

Exactley what she said.

SJA dont take a liking to wearing a uniform at another service, if they are still at SJA wont be for much longer now lol.
Blinky
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Blinky »

I saw this item in the local freebie community newspaper and remembered reading this thread discussing it.