Some Jandakot/Skywest Pics

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

Well done Nathan, some very good pictures there.

Reminds me of the day my mate took me up in a 172 from the Bunbury airport. He spent a lot of money and time getting his PPL but never could afford to go flying after that...

We were up at 3000ft over Bunbury and I was in the co-pilot seat, he let go of the controls and gave me the scare of my life. The plane started to dive and I had no choice but to pull the plane back up in the air.

It was a funny joke to him, and we really were in no danger but I well and truly got a scare out of it.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

Hey man great pics.

Can I ask you though. How did you pay for flight lessons? are they very expensive to get your pilots license? any hints + tips?? Did you save a long time?.

And do you need to be young to be a commercial pilot?
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

woobla1 wrote:Hey man great pics.

Can I ask you though. How did you pay for flight lessons? are they very expensive to get your pilots license? any hints + tips?? Did you save a long time?.

As long are you have a CPL you can be a commerical pilot
Nafenn

Post by Nafenn »

woobla1 wrote:Hey man great pics.

i pay $118/hour to train, and thats because the school owns the aircraft so we get a discount.

a tip: use a flight school... great quality instructors, but it can cost you a bit more.

ive been saving ever since i got a job

and no, you canget your Commercial Pilots Licence anytime after you turn 18, so long as you pass a class 1 medical... and if you have a spare $49,000 lying around, add onto that $16,000 for an instrument rating and you're set
Nathan Fenn
WARSUG Aviation Band & Reviews Moderator

Anything I say is my opinion, and has nothing to do with/does not reflect the views of anyone I was/am/will be involved with/employed by/volunteer for/associated with. There, I think that should cover it!
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

Top stuff - well done mate - My hat off to anyone who is training to be a Pilot - Whether it's ATPL or just CPL - best of luck

Nice pics too...
George
WARSUG Moderator
VFRS Member

"I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge. I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there." — Confucius

Any views expressed in the above post are my own and do not necessarily depict or reflect the views or opinions of DFES/FRS or VBFB.