Rockingham Storm 9/6/08

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Jonesy wrote:Top photos Smithy - i did not manage to snap any but my offsider did - i will try to get some up. I was in the area where most of the photos on the news were taken, spent a bit of time with the crane lifting someone elses roof off another house.
Who'd u crew with Jonesy?
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Millsy wrote:
Jonesy wrote:Top photos Smithy - i did not manage to snap any but my offsider did - i will try to get some up. I was in the area where most of the photos on the news were taken, spent a bit of time with the crane lifting someone elses roof off another house.
Millsy,

If you look at jonesys sig at the bottom of his post it reads > Singleton bushfire brigade.
Jonesy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBCT9, Tait 2020/8200, GME 80Ch UHF

Post by Jonesy »

Millsy wrote:
In LT3 with a new bloke Cameron, he was supposed to be studying for his uni exams.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

Jonesy wrote: In LT3 with a new bloke Cameron, he was supposed to be studying for his uni exams.
LT3 ... Ahh, are old Light Tanker haha,

And that's dedication from some one who was ment to be studying for exams! :)
teztink

Post by teztink »

Last edited by teztink on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teztink

Post by teztink »

Last edited by teztink on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I disagree, FESA are the ones who put out RFA's to other units to assist in other area's.
Rockingham required human resources from outside of the area, FESA SES HQ then decided to activate the units that it did. Yes we helped out someone in the city of Stirling before we went to rockingham, but that's because we hadn't left yet. Once FESA has decided we have done all we can, ICV shuts down other units leave etc. Then the local government has control of cleanup.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
teztink

Post by teztink »

Last edited by teztink on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

or why don't you just take the time to say who you are...it doesn't hurt.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
Jonesy
Scanners and Receivers: Uniden UBCT9, Tait 2020/8200, GME 80Ch UHF

Post by Jonesy »

Tyranus wrote:or why don't you just take the time to say who you are...it doesn't hurt.
I will vouch for this person knowing what they are talking about - I am unsure of this whole arrangement but I would say that the information provided by teztink would more than likely be accurate.
Millsy

Post by Millsy »

teztink wrote:How do i know? Talk to Millsy :)
:lol: I'm pretty sure he knows what he's on about :)
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

Last edited by Smithy on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

teztink wrote:
Tyranus wrote:I disagree, FESA are the ones who put out RFA's to other units to assist in other area's.
Rockingham required human resources from outside of the area, FESA SES HQ then decided to activate the units that it did. Yes we helped out someone in the city of Stirling before we went to rockingham, but that's because we hadn't left yet. Once FESA has decided we have done all we can, ICV shuts down other units leave etc. Then the local government has control of cleanup.
Lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that.... :) My post was in reference to the fire brigades, not the SES turnout, assistance request arrangements. All i'm saying is i am in the know of the arrangements in that area and thought the record should be set straight in respect to the fire brigades involvement. Recovery at these incidents starts almost immediately too. The BFB's are never mobilised by FESA in these situations, Local Govt. do this. How do i know? Talk to Millsy :)
Teztink, I know who you are so dont need to ask anyone ( hey millsy ). It still does not make your arguement correct. If you read my post correctly there was never a mention of white v red. It was simply saying that more hands would have been great. But now that you have opened that box of worms lets look into it a bit more.

You mention depleting areas. There is two FRS brigades in Rockingham. 1 could have assisted yet still left the coverage required. Instead the two brigades that were used are repsonsible for there own areas leaving there areas depleted.

FRS have more structural training so would have been better to acess structural damage and stability that some others that were doing the job, they are also USAR trained so could have assisted the USAR team that was in the area.

Anyway dont wish to get in th politics or arguements with you re this. My original post mentioned that they could have had more hands on deck to help out with the quicker clean up of the damage created. I think all services do a great job and work well with each other.
realfirie
Banned

Post by realfirie »

Teztink, I know who you are so dont need to ask anyone ( hey millsy ). It still does not make your arguement correct. If you read my post correctly there was never a mention of white v red. It was simply saying that more hands would have been great. But now that you have opened that box of worms lets look into it a bit more.

You mention depleting areas. There is two FRS brigades in Rockingham. 1 could have assisted yet still left the coverage required. Instead the two brigades that were used are repsonsible for there own areas leaving there areas depleted.

FRS have more structural training so would have been better to acess structural damage and stability that some others that were doing the job, they are also USAR trained so could have assisted the USAR team that was in the area.

Anyway dont wish to get in th politics or arguements with you re this. My original post mentioned that they could have had more hands on deck to help out with the quicker clean up of the damage created. I think all services do a great job and work well with each other
:lol: SECONDED :lol:
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

bomber wrote: are also USAR trained so could have assisted the USAR team that was in the area.
Bomber as much as it dissappoints me to to say this a number of SES people complained about the USAR team there saying that this is storm damage not USAR. This is an SES job not firies, hence after a while the USAR guys packed it all in. I was only aware of the USAR truck being there last monday when I was doing some SES training with a career firey based at perth. My personal opinion, USAR crew should have stayed based on the premise of many hands make light work.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB