Naval Police car

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Naval Police car

Post by Smithy »

this is the only one i got, took it of my old fone with a VGA camera so it is CRAP.

WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Good grab smithy. Maybe next time use your hand to shade out a bit of the light?
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

good shot old chap :P
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

:D
Last edited by Smithy on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Otherwise known as the 'Lint Patrol'.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

interesting pic

pity their car sucks worse than the AFP .

budget cuts means taking the patrol car down to the local sign man and saying knock me up a 5 dollar sign with change.
missnoisy

Post by missnoisy »

woobla1 wrote:pity their car sucks worse than the AFP .

budget cuts means taking the patrol car down to the local sign man and saying knock me up a 5 dollar sign with change.
Its probably more the fact they don't have any real need to spend the money in making their police vehicles look flashy. It's not like Naval Police have high speed chases on public roads or anything, why would they need to have highly marked vehicles?
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Why would they have reds and blues at all?

Do they deal with traffic matters on the bases? Do they have any authority over naval personnel off the bases? Do they have any authority over civilians on of off the bases?
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Toottoot wrote:Why would they have reds and blues at all?

Do they deal with traffic matters on the bases? Do they have any authority over naval personnel off the bases? Do they have any authority over civilians on of off the bases?
They have full jurisdiction at a navy base, so if you're on a naval base and caught stealing you have the naval police chasing after you. Yes the naval police get involved outside the base, when it comes to navy personnel. If a naval officer starts a brawl in a pub he'll be charged by WAPOL and MILPOL/NAVPOL...perks of being in the defence forces ;). Same applies for Army and RAAF, with their respective law enforcers.

Edit: Major crimes on base will also be reported to state police. If you're caught with drugs on base or murder someone on base then you'll also be dealt with by WAPOL or other state/territory police force as applicable. But smaller offences like speeding, not wearing seatbelt etc. will not be.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

What laws cover defence force bases? Are there separate criminal codes? Do military police enforce state laws or is it another act they police?
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

Toottoot wrote:What laws cover defence force bases? Are there separate criminal codes? Do military police enforce state laws or is it another act they police?
Military law. Hence why someone that commits a major offence on or off barracks can be charged twice (If that person is a member of the ADF). If they are not ADF then the crime would have to be committed on barracks/base for Milpol to prosecute.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
rambler318

Post by rambler318 »

Tyranus wrote:
Toottoot wrote:What laws cover defence force bases? Are there separate criminal codes? Do military police enforce state laws or is it another act they police?
Military law. Hence why someone that commits a major offence on or off barracks can be charged twice (If that person is a member of the ADF). If they are not ADF then the crime would have to be committed on barracks/base for Milpol to prosecute.
ADF members CAN NOT be charged twice. You can only be charged by military law or civillian law. If the offence warrants civillian charges the MP's will hand their brief of evidence over to civpol and they will prefer the charges.
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

my understanding from spending a week there was that if a naval person breaks the law off base in public he/she will be punished by state police if warranted, but will also receive a punishment by the coxswains (naval police)

on the base they have as much power as state police, but they also have the power do to random searches on people which i think, correct me if im wrong, state police need a valid reason for. But the naval police cannot get a civillian on traffic offences and so on, they can only hand the details over to state police, This is why sometimes you will find a WAPOL car on teh island doing patrols,

As for the vehicle itself, they do have a permanant police vehicle, its the troopie, the falcon is only a temporary one that is used when it is available, otherwise it is a fleet car,

hope that clears some stuff up for you guys :)
Last edited by Smithy on Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPhillips

Post by JPhillips »

rambler318 wrote:
Tyranus wrote:
ADF members CAN NOT be charged twice. You can only be charged by military law or civillian law. If the offence warrants civillian charges the MP's will hand their brief of evidence over to civpol and they will prefer the charges.
No offence but an ADF Member can be charged twice. For example if they steal something on a base they will first get charged by military police (if defence chooses to do so) and then it can be handed over to state/federal police and if they want to they can then charge them. As for civilians i know that they cant get put in military jail but im not sure about fines. They will be handed over to state police if something happens.

Regards,
Joshua
Tyranus

Post by Tyranus »

fair enough, I say fine them. But then when you're joining the ADF you only have to know that if you screw up badly enough you can be busted twice. I presumed that if civvies were speeding on base or doing something dodgy on base then milpol can fine and then notify civpol.
Stirling SES
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB