Naval Police car

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
JPhillips

Post by JPhillips »

But the chance of being caught if you were speeding is pretty low. Ive sped on a raaf base a few times and its only if Secpol are coming towards you that something would happen. At RAAF Pearce they have about 4 Secpol cars out during the day and most the time there either back at base or walking there dogs or checking fences.
Joshua
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

JPhillips wrote:But the chance of being caught if you were speeding is pretty low. Ive sped on a raaf base a few times and its only if Secpol are coming towards you that something would happen. At RAAF Pearce they have about 4 Secpol cars out during the day and most the time there either back at base or walking there dogs or checking fences.
Not the case on garden island. The naavy coppers have a hand held. Although they cant fine they can ban cars being brought onto the island. Stuffs you right up as there is no other way of getting on the island. The local cops have an open invitation to do road duties on garden island and use to ( when i was posted there ) often set up cameras as well as doing radar work.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

Smithy wrote:
As for the vehicle itself, they do have a permanant police vehicle, its the troopie, the falcon is only a temporary one that is used when it is available, otherwise it is a fleet car,

hope that clears some stuff up for you guys :)
which makes my comment about heading down to the local sign shop and picking up a cheap magnetic sign the more factual :P
rambler318

Post by rambler318 »

JPhillips wrote:
rambler318 wrote:
Tyranus wrote:Military law. Hence why someone that commits a major offence on or off barracks can be charged twice (If that person is a member of the ADF). If they are not ADF then the crime would have to be committed on barracks/base for Milpol to prosecute.
ADF members CAN NOT be charged twice. You can only be charged by military law or civillian law. If the offence warrants civillian charges the MP's will hand their brief of evidence over to civpol and they will prefer the charges.
No offence but an ADF Member can be charged twice. For example if they steal something on a base they will first get charged by military police (if defence chooses to do so) and then it can be handed over to state/federal police and if they want to they can then charge them. As for civilians i know that they cant get put in military jail but im not sure about fines. They will be handed over to state police if something happens.

Regards,
Incorrect. If a person was to steal something the MP's would have to decide if they were going to charge the person, or if they were going to hand it over to the state police. If they hand it over to the state police they CAN NOT be charged under military law. What can happen though, is if the member is convicted they can be forced to "show cause as to why they should not be discharged from the ADF"
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

This is the police troopie only it has military signage on it rather then naval. Otherwise it is the same.

Apoligies if it is already on this site, i have forgotten where i got it from

JPhillips

Post by JPhillips »

rambler318 wrote:
JPhillips wrote:
rambler318 wrote: ADF members CAN NOT be charged twice. You can only be charged by military law or civillian law. If the offence warrants civillian charges the MP's will hand their brief of evidence over to civpol and they will prefer the charges.
No offence but an ADF Member can be charged twice. For example if they steal something on a base they will first get charged by military police (if defence chooses to do so) and then it can be handed over to state/federal police and if they want to they can then charge them. As for civilians i know that they cant get put in military jail but im not sure about fines. They will be handed over to state police if something happens.

Regards,
Incorrect. If a person was to steal something the MP's would have to decide if they were going to charge the person, or if they were going to hand it over to the state police. If they hand it over to the state police they CAN NOT be charged under military law. What can happen though, is if the member is convicted they can be forced to "show cause as to why they should not be discharged from the ADF"
Can i ask where you get your information from?
Joshua
bluewaz

Jurisdiction

Post by bluewaz »

Guys, just passing through and come upon this site. In relation to jurisdiction issues a person cannot be charged for the same offence twice as that is considered 'double jeopardy".

What can occur is, if a person was charged by civpol for stealing and there is a defence nexus then the defence member could be charged by defence under the DFDA (Discipline Act) for prejudicial behaviour, that is bringing the service into disrepute, alternatively there could be administrative action in relation to a "Show Cause' for termination action that could be taken.

The member can only be charged for a criminal act if the offence has a nexus to Defence. i.e stealing of commonwealth equipment etc. Then the Service Police would recommend a charge of stealing, (or whatever the offence is) and then the members unit/ship takes action in relation to charging the member utilizing the brief of evidence provided by the Service Police.

Hope this clears things up.

P.S. State traffic laws are enforced by service police through provisions provided for in Base Standing Orders
Navy101

ADF Policing Authorities

Post by Navy101 »

]For all those people on this site, tying to guess what authority the Naval Police and ADF investigation services have, let me give you all a hint.

The ADF Comprises of Military Police, RAAF Secpol and Naval Police Coxswains. Each Service branch then has seperate Investigative authorities. The ADF has an Overall Authority called ADFIS - Australian Defence Force Investigative Service. ADFIS Works in conjunction with Australian Customs, AFP and State Police Services, and hold juristiction under the Defence Act 1903, Crimes Act 1914, Criminal Code 1995 and Defence Force Discipline Act 1982. The DFDA 1982 covers all members of the ADF and all public Service officers appointed to the ADF. Naval Police Have juristiction under the Defence Act 1903, NER101, DFDA 1982, Sections 89 and Section 89A Crimes Act 1914 which is a commonwealth Law code and the Criminal Code 1995. All offences under the DFDA 1982 are in allignment with relevent offences under Criminal Code 1995.

If a ADF Member is arrested and Charged with an Offence by Civil Police, the ADF may then bring a service related charged against that person. A Person can not be charged twice for the same offence. For Example: If a Naval Sailor is charged for assault by Civil Police, the Navy cannot charge for Assault, however they could charge the member under section 60 DFDA 1982 - Prejudicial Conduct, for bringing Discredit upon the ADF or a similar charge relevent to the first offence.
Naval Police also work under the NER101 Act which is the Naval Establishment Regulations Act 101. Under the NER 101, AFP, APS, State Police, Civilian Guards andcontractors ARE NOT PERMITTED to search, detain, a person leaving/entering a Defence Ship/Establishment unless reasonable grounds can be prooven that a person/s have commit an offence or may be committing an offence. NPC Members Under Australian Law are the ONLY POLICE Members permitted to detain/ arrest persons suspected that have committed an offence or may be planning to commit an offence. Futher to that Sections (1) 89 Crimes Act, 89A Crimes Act 1914 asuthorise RAAF SECPOL and NAVAL POLICE COXSWAINS, as authorised Commonwealth Officers, Meaning, NPC, and RAAF Police members as well as AFP, APS and state Police Officers Can Arrest any persons, suspected or prooven to be trespassing on Commonwealth Grounds. This does not only include Defence Sites. It includes anywhere designated as Commonwealth Land...
ADF Police are also authorised to assist Civil Police in Civilian Matters when required, and requested. Naval Police conduct Patrols in Victoria with VICPOL on a Weekly basis in parts of the Greater Melbourne District and Melbourne CBD. ADF Police operate in both Uniform and Civilian Clothing, ADFIS Investigators wear Civilian Clothing. ALL ADF Police are issued with a ADF Identification Card and Authorised Police Credentials (Police Walled Badge). and By the Way, The ADF does have unmarked Police Vehicles as well as marked Police Vehicles. A classic example of who has juristiction happend recently on a Naval Base where a Police pursuit went on to the Establishment, Naval Police joined the pursuit alongside the Civil Collegues, and Once the Offending vehicle had left the Establishment, Naval Police still had juristiction to Continue with the pursuit. Dont know who ended up making arrests, however ADF Police do also have juristiction in cases like this.

Hope this clears up any queries about NPC, RAAF and Military Police.
RubberDucky
Banned

Post by RubberDucky »

It's almost like they need a lawyer in the back seat advising what to do!
"Quack Quack" Rubber Ducky - Sesame Street
Caddy1

Re: Naval Police car

Post by Caddy1 »

Saw this car parked at the Zoo today. What do these guys do?
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

ooo good snap!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
yorky

Post by yorky »

Plate appears to say "Australian Defence ... Something" :lol: my eye's aren't that good #-o

But very interesting none the less.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Organisation?
robbage
Amateur callsign: VK6UFO_VK6RN
Scanners and Receivers:  
Scanners/receivers
Diamond Welz WS1000 wideband handheld
Radioshack Pro 28 handheld
Uniden UBC72XLT handheld
Uniden UBC73XLT handheld
Uniden UBC330CRS desktop

Two-way
Yaesu VX-3R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wideband RX handheld
Yaesu FT-1802M 2m Ham TRX mobile x 2
Yaesu FT-7800R 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-208H 2m/70cm Ham TRX and wide band RX mobile
Icom IC-706MKIIG all-band all-mode Ham TRX mobile
Icom IC-V85 2m VHF Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-UVD1P VHF/UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-679P VHF wideband Ham TRX handheld
Wouxun KG-713 UHF wideband Ham TRX handheld

Post by robbage »

Definitely defence plates, possibly guerillas?

(coff)
Rob
OF78WD
 Amateur moderator
Arguing with a fool proves there are two
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

Department of Defence.. all I know is they patrol around the Claremont showgrounds when the Royal Show is on just like WaPol.... But i'm sure they do other stuff too :lol:
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short