Merredin Train Derailment

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

so they have freight trains that go to other states? that's interesting.

what a big f up that crash is wow. imagine the noise and seeing that in real life ,would certainly be something to remember for a while.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

woobla1 wrote:so they have freight trains that go to other states? that's interesting.
I take it by this your 12 and never been out of the city...... :wink:

How do you think we get 90% of the sh#t you buy on the shelfs? Freo port ain't that big :lol:
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
missnoisy

Post by missnoisy »

woobla1 wrote:so they have freight trains that go to other states? that's interesting.
WA would be stuffed without those trains. From what I understand, there are around 8 trains like that a day bringing in everything from food to cars.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

missnoisy wrote:
WA would be stuffed without those trains. From what I understand, there are around 8 trains like that a day bringing in everything from food to cars.
Yep pass through Kalgoorlie all day... all night..... every day of the year :)
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

and Merredin... most people in town could hear them as they come by.
woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by woobla1 »

ahh thats cool

I need to leave perth more lol. But WA is just so damn big!!
missnoisy

Post by missnoisy »

You don't even need to leave Perth to see those trains. Sitting somewhere like Midland train station you're likely to see them, or drive around the Kewdale rail yards.

Oh, and a quick search gave me this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_trans ... _Australia
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

expect some stuff to be out of stock at coles and woolworths until the trains can get through, should be back to normal monday.
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

missnoisy wrote:You don't even need to leave Perth to see those trains. Sitting somewhere like Midland train station you're likely to see them, or drive around the Kewdale rail yards.

Oh, and a quick search gave me this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_trans ... _Australia
Yep.. go down Fenton Road, Kewdale (runs off Kewdale Rd). Thats where Pacific National and TOLL Rail Freight are based.

Pacific National have 4 trains departing every day: Chullora (Sydney), Brisbane, Melbourne, and Fishermans Island in Queensland. The Melbourne and Chullora train service also stops over in adelaide briefly.

As someone has said before.. we would be screwed without the freight trains.. AND TRUCKIES!
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
nachoman
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by nachoman »

From what I have heard the line was re-opened today
rambler318

Post by rambler318 »

nachoman wrote:From what I have heard the line was re-opened today
Proposed re-opening 1800 tonight