Any one recognise

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Bungarra

Any one recognise

Post by Bungarra »

Do any of CB operators from the 80's know this place?? Bit run down from how it was in the 80's.

Enviro

Post by Enviro »

CREST Bunkers Kwinana
Enviro
Please consider the environment
Bungarra

Post by Bungarra »

Good Call Enviro. Bit of a shame the condition they are in now, given the history of the buildings from WW2 and with Perth CREST.
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

excuse my lack of knowledge, but whats the purpose of the building post ww2 in regards to CB use
frankstowing

Post by frankstowing »

now that pic brings back memories many a night i used to sit in there monitoring my callsign was perth crest 22
westernwedgey
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by westernwedgey »

I think it was given to them for a base, Citizen Radio Emergency Service Team had no funding and were looking for somewhere to house there operation.

It was set up at a time when there were quite a few incidents involving water craft around Kwinana, Rocky and Freo area although they also took calls for other emergencies over the radio, 29 & 27mhz. This was a valuable service because there was no mobile phones around then.

They were monitoring mostly 24/7 and all volunteers, even took radio calls for water craft in Mandurah as the only other (by Memory) service was located at Whitfords or somewhere north of river, memory fails me atm.
frankstowing

Post by frankstowing »

that you are right we monitoried 27 cb marine and uhf ch 5 when ch 5 was located in orange grove