YK101 & Tenterden BFS

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
WPXZBP

YK101 & Tenterden BFS

Post by WPXZBP »

YK101- Kellerberrin general duties (sorry about the quality)

Tenterden BFS - new station still in construction. (Made of rammed earth and galvanised iron)

It houses their 2.4, of which I have posted a pic before.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Thats a decent looking new fire station they're getting there! Where abouts is Tenterden? Haven't actually heard of that one.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

It's about 80km north of Albany and about 5-10km south of the Cranbrook turn-off on Albany Highway. The station is about 2km east of the Albany Hwy and has been designed as a station plus meeting hall. The Cranbrook Shire are planning to have occasional Shire meetings there as they do in Cranbrook and Frankland currently.
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Good to see that tenterden are getting a new station and a great idea to co locate with the shire hall bout time the shires and state government put back into country brigades they have struggled for a long time adn a few more shires need to follow suit
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

They get a lot of their funding through the ESL but in this case the old hall burnt down in the Tenterden fire in 2003(?). I'm guessing insurance covered some of the building costs. I hear that a lot of the work was done by Shire workers.
VK6LD
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by VK6LD »

You finally found the Tenterden station Wes...! :D
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Heheheh yes Rob... took me a while to get up there. No real reason to go there now. :lol: