Ranger vehicles

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
WPXZBP

Ranger vehicles

Post by WPXZBP »

Often Ranger vehicles will turn out to fire emergencies. I thought I'd create a thread for pics of them.

Albany (I hate blurry shots...)

Denmark
Ausrob
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ausrob »

Edit No Albany, they must be doing the same thing as gosnells "eyes on the street"
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I guess so. I saw WAPol pushing the "Eyes On The Street" thing on TV last year.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Recently saw the Bunbury and Busselton Rangers now have red/blue lights...looks good.
wasaint
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by wasaint »

Re Eyes On The strret most local governments have adopted the eyes on the street campain the state government pushed this about 18 mnth ago i have freinds who work for councils and laugh at it they are like most people these days and dont wont to get involed in things that meean they could have repocusions , which is a shame because thats were the problems are stemming from people need to take more notice of whats going on around them not just turn a blind eye
yorky

Post by yorky »

They had a short ad campaign on tv a short time ago as well.
"VKI, NJ050 will you be attending the job?"
"Negative VKI, my desk is bolted to the floor".
WARSUG General Scanning Moderator
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

dazla wrote:Recently saw the Bunbury and Busselton Rangers now have red/blue lights...looks good.
The bunbury rangers LED lightbar looks awesum like a xmas tree pretty much.
Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

what do they need r/b light for , are they gonna start showing up to stray dog complaints P2?
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

No idea-the cockburn ranger has red/amber lightbar on his and also seen a white 4wd with fire chief on it with a red/blue xl code 3 ligthbar on it
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

In many country shires the Ranger is an FCO and first response to fire incidents. You'll find some volunteer FCO's/Chiefs/Deputy Chiefs also have red/blue lights and sirens on their private vehicles.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

wasaint wrote:Re Eyes On The strret most local governments have adopted the eyes on the street campain the state government pushed this about 18 mnth ago i have freinds who work for councils and laugh at it they are like most people these days and dont wont to get involed in things that meean they could have repocusions , which is a shame because thats were the problems are stemming from people need to take more notice of whats going on around them not just turn a blind eye
This is really frustrating for Police, people want to complain about incidents happening however when it push comes to shoves too many people arn't willing to go to court and give evidence.
daniel86

Post by daniel86 »

Markmywords wrote:No idea-the cockburn ranger has red/amber lightbar on his and also seen a white 4wd with fire chief on it with a red/blue xl code 3 ligthbar on it
Rangers in the country are usually Bush Fire Control officers so thats why they have the red and blue lights, ull see that if u see the Shire of Busselton or Shire of Augusta/Margeret River Rangers. We dont tend to go p2 for wandering dog complaints :)
WPXZBP

Re: Ranger vehicles

Post by WPXZBP »

Bayswater City Council Ranger vehicle.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

WPXZBP wrote:Bayswater City Council Ranger vehicle.
Nice.... Green & red hey....... not my ideal colour...
I've closed the door!
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

Red & Green why

I know Cockburn have Red & Orange seen freo city council with amber only and bunbury with red n orange leds
RIP