150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Ranger vehicles

Post by 4353 »

Just some useless info

I always thought green was restricted for some reason. *reads the dpi book*

Green Command Centre
*This is a very restricted lamp*

A green flashing lamp indentifies the location and/or presence of an emergency site command post or casualty clearing post.

Operational fire brigade, bush fire brigade, ambulance,wases, and police emergency site command vehicles may only display lamps relevant to the situation while in motion.

**Exact text from DPI website* doesnt mention a combination off amber and green but just states what i posted.

Ive seen mine vehicles with green lamps also an ice cream van lol bush bash vehicles which im assuming are exempt somehow or why.

I know in the UK you cant even BUY any form off light or siren unless you have an authority letter to have permission to use as such (and more recently in the uk all ex fire vehicles and ambos now need to be totally stripped down to nothing as these vehicles may or can be used by terrorists to commit those unholy things)
RIP
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

If you have an issue with it then why not take it up with the DPI and the LGA concerned?
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by 4353 »

They can have pink for all i care lol i was just merely posting some useless info.

FYI The DPI dont enforce it i already complained to them about some tosser who drives down my street in a VERY old plain white ambo with the red mickley mouse light flashing (he's a plumber btw) they told me to refer it back to wapol and i think the boys n girls in blue have alot better things to do than chase an old ambo round.
RIP
holden5541

Post by holden5541 »

Hi all!

That one is actually a Town of Bassendean Ranger vehicle. the story I got was that they had green and reds on a vehicle since ancient times so they just continued to use it. Their other vehicle has more standard orange lights.

It does look nice though with the red and greens!
Caddy1

Post by Caddy1 »

I think this is either Shire of Toodyay or Shire of Northam Ranger.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Toodyay... look at the licence plate. ;)
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

WPXZBP wrote:Toodyay... look at the licence plate. ;)
I believe the 2 shires in question actually share rangers between them.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Fastlane wrote:
WPXZBP wrote:Toodyay... look at the licence plate. ;)
I believe the 2 shires in question actually share rangers between them.
Wouldnt suprise me
I've closed the door!
Caddy1

Post by Caddy1 »

City of Canning Patrol/Ranger vehicle.
Mug
150+ posts
150+ posts
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93xlt

Post by Mug »

Caddy1 wrote:City of Canning Patrol/Ranger vehicle.
I've noticed that Canning are rolling out the Ford Rangers in favour of the BF/BA Falcon ute with canopy.

Ranger driving a Ranger. :)

I wonder what would they use the LED scroller for?

I don't think I have ever seen any of these with lights activated. I guess not a great deal of P1s :roll: ?
Lightbar more for show rather than go?
¡¡¡ʎɐq-ǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
almo899

Post by almo899 »

I've seen a Ford BF ute Canning ranger with lights activated. The LED matrix sign flashed "SECURITY". Not sure why they need the fancy LED sign if it isn't programmed to show anything else.

They do have legit reasons for the amber lightbar though, such as warning of hazards on the roads etc. City of Melville CSS patrols and rangers also have full length clear/amber lightbars they use to warn road users or shoo off hoons.
written_ficton
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by written_ficton »

Its interesting to note than on some lightbars you have soooooo many different flashes, fast / slow / warm / left to right, right to left going in, going out....

That filled up like 10mins of the shift....
I've closed the door!
Always RX

Re:

Post by Always RX »

daniel86 wrote:
Markmywords wrote:No idea-the cockburn ranger has red/amber lightbar on his and also seen a white 4wd with fire chief on it with a red/blue xl code 3 ligthbar on it
Rangers in the country are usually Bush Fire Control officers so thats why they have the red and blue lights, ull see that if u see the Shire of Busselton or Shire of Augusta/Margeret River Rangers. We dont tend to go p2 for wandering dog complaints :)
This morning I was passed by a white Town of Kwinana 4WD, I think it was a Ford Ranger, with Red and Blue lightbar (similar to the WAPOL GD's bar) and the red/yellow 'FIRE" stripe on the rear. I am assuming this would be the FCO vehicle. Unfortunately no time to get a pic.
Ausrob
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ausrob »

Armadale have nice ranger vehicles all with LED's. I will get some photos soon.
Cows moo over the rainbow