GC107

Post by Delta_246 »

Apears to be the New type Falcon [Headlights are awesome]

Sorry been a bit 'creative' with these shots

elm

Re: GC107

Post by elm »

Delta_246 wrote:Apears to be the New type Falcon [Headlights are awesome]
Nice to see that the Police actually get some adequate funding for new cars. Great to see grille lights introduced, as the lightbars on Paddy wagons always tend to be pretty high (to hight to see in the rear view mirror when it's behind you).

On the down side, shame they still use those crappy lightbars (rotators are so out of date).

New Headlights? Now you mention it. Slight facelift. Have they changed the interior or the mechanical stuff at all?
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

elm wrote:
Nice to see that the Police actually get some adequate funding for new cars. Great to see grille lights introduced, as the lightbars on Paddy wagons always tend to be pretty high (to hight to see in the rear view mirror when it's behind you).

On the down side, shame they still use those crappy lightbars (rotators are so out of date).

New Headlights? Now you mention it. Slight facelift. Have they changed the interior or the mechanical stuff at all?
i agree with you there elm. the lights are pretty high up and hard to see when they are right up behind you.

grille lights have been fitted for a few years now havnt they? thats what i thought atleast...

as for the car, They are BF MkII utes... no major chaged to the mechanicals or interior.. just cosmetic changes.
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

the vc van out in cockburn has the led lights fitted in the grille only noticed when they were on a traffic stop the other night.
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

At work we have started getting the dedicated gas mkII RTV's so much fun too zoom around in!
donks
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by donks »

jmmw wrote:At work we have started getting the dedicated gas mkII RTV's so much fun too zoom around in!
haha yes the RTV's are pretty swell..... until the radiators sh*t themselves... lol
People call me an "Egotistic Jackass"... I prefer the term "Confident Donkey" --->Donks for short
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

The slight facelift you speak of is because it is the MkII BF Falcon, The MkI just looked like the BA.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

elm wrote:
For what its worth, halogen rotators still give the best 360 degree coverage - something LED's still do not achieve.
elm

Post by elm »

I beg to differ. Good strobe beacons are better than rotating lights anytime.

LEDs are directional, but only if you build them that way. Stick them in a Vector lightbar and they have an awesome 360 degree vision.
There are single beacon LED Lights out there, but I've never seen them in action, so I won't comment on that.