Ambulance NT

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
elm

Ambulance NT

Post by elm »

Has anybody got pictures of ambulances up in the northern territory? Don't know what they look like, and google hasn't helped me either :(

Only thing I know is that that St Johns rund the ambo service. Cheers for any info.

Flo
trekker

Post by trekker »

I am sure I have some photos from Alice Springs (2004) hidden somewhere on a hard drive!

They had a variety of Sprinters, GMC's and Landcruiser Troopies.

St John operates the main Ambulance Service in the NT, but there are also some 'other' ambulances based in smaller communities that are operated as part of a 'Health Service' - a bit like Freo Hospital operating the Ambulance on Rottnest Island.

I will see what I can find, and then try to work out how to post them on here.
elm

Post by elm »

Cheers trekker!

Found some pictures of the RFDS ambulances at ayers rock http://www.bos-fahrzeuge.info/categorie ... at_id=1576
What does the livery of the NT ambulance look like?

Didn't even know Freo hospital runs the ambulance on Rotto. You talking about the landcruiser that is stationed near the polce station?
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Derby regional hospital used to run its own ambulance also - usually up and down the highway between derby and fitzroy crossing. It was a commodore with the fibreglass shell on the back. sorry but dont have any pics.
munchkin1981
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by munchkin1981 »

halls creek run their own aswell
It wasn't me honest.....it was the cat I'm sweet and innocent one :)
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Toottoot wrote:Derby regional hospital used to run its own ambulance also - usually up and down the highway between derby and fitzroy crossing. It was a commodore with the fibreglass shell on the back. sorry but dont have any pics.
That one is long gone.

They now have a toyota troop carrier cab chassis with a P & W module on the back they turn them over quicker now than previously you'll find them at the government auctions when they come up.

And going by a report i recently read i wouldnt be surpised those country sub centres running low on vollies will see the ambulance moved and run by the hospital in that area.
Toottoot
Banned

Post by Toottoot »

Why doesnt the health depy run ambulances anyway
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

I seen a few on my many trips to Darwin, only seen Sprinters which were white, with white and red reflective striping. Same lightbar but I don't recall there being strobes on the sides, on the rear there's 2 strobes and a spotlight in the middle.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Toottoot wrote:Why doesnt the health depy run ambulances anyway
Good question many answers to that just wait and see thats all you can do ;)
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

When I was in Darwin 18 months ago I recall speaking to Ambulance Officers there, they only had red lights on the Ambulances from memory and they were the sprinters.
Smithy
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Smithy »

when i lived in Darwin bout 8 years ago they only had red light bars at the front and 2 strobes at the back. they were red and white markings and had the bulky square back part where all the action happened. they looked like the ambos u see on the American shows