WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Had a feeling that was the case.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

:D
Last edited by bomber on Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Well look at it this way, from what I can gather, Mazda's are a bit harder to use than scania's. I've never operated anything larger than a LT, but from what I'm hearing sounds like it would be easier to pick up how to use scania quicker. If you have new recruits it would then be easier for most of them to go from mazda to scania, than it would be to go from scania to doing everything manually on a mazda. So at most I'd say get rid of a mazda or 2 and get a scania or 2 to replace it...looks like even some of those mazda's are only used for ba and things like that, anyway.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

I did my first hot fire course and all the pump theory on a Mazda and there is zero chance I'll ever be using one at a fire, however, it provided an excellent grounding and basis to move onto other appliances.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

Tyranus wrote:Well look at it this way, from what I can gather, Mazda's are a bit harder to use than scania's. I've never operated anything larger than a LT, but from what I'm hearing sounds like it would be easier to pick up how to use scania quicker. If you have new recruits it would then be easier for most of them to go from mazda to scania, than it would be to go from scania to doing everything manually on a mazda. So at most I'd say get rid of a mazda or 2 and get a scania or 2 to replace it...looks like even some of those mazda's are only used for ba and things like that, anyway.
i think before they start putting scanias into forrestfield they'll have to update the ones in operation 1st somehow.

chris