Royal Show pics 2007-1/10

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

Jeez, if they've nicked it from here it's bad form - though it may well have a been an independent designer designing that display unit for the WAPS - not the WAPS themselves - who grabbed it.

It would not be first time a pic has been, er, borrowed from a website to go in a brochure or display!
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Spoke to Media and Public affairs...Very friendly people.

Photo was sent to them direct from TEGS, so safe to assume it would of been grabbed from one of their members on here or maybe did the rounds in emails forwardings etc etc when I sent it on to a few members via email...

No dramas as long as it wasn't an external Independant designer as Steve mentioned.

It's for a good cause so it's all good.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

:D
Last edited by bomber on Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Steve »

I was just looking at a pic I took of my son sitting on the TE motorbike at the Police exhibition and realised the patrol car pic is quite clearly visible on the display in the background.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Nice shots Tom. :D
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Tom wrote:Was posted on this forum.

I'd like to know the answer to that question myself!!
Just had a mate tell me that one of the pic's I took of the Holden ute that got ripped in two up here in Kal which I posted on here was also being used in a display 8)

Anyone see it?
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
gkoutlis

Post by gkoutlis »

ZO100_marto wrote:
Tom wrote:Was posted on this forum.

I'd like to know the answer to that question myself!!
Just had a mate tell me that one of the pic's I took of the Holden ute that got ripped in two up here in Kal which I posted on here was also being used in a display 8)

Anyone see it?
Nope - There was only a banged up late model hatch back - you know the small ford type hatch... Nothing else on display there...
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

If it was that VU SS ute then yep I saw it.

Was the front half of the ute from memory.
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Tom wrote:If it was that VU SS ute then yep I saw it.

Was the front half of the ute from memory.
Yep that the one :D
Formally ZO100, now KG100 :D
ubc 72xlt...ubc 60xlt...uh015sx
trekker

Post by trekker »

ZO100_marto wrote:Sweet pic's Tom.

Gee First Aid Services must be cashed up if they can afford to have a highly useful Landcruiser in there fleet :lol: maybe for tow the caravans perhaps :?:
The Landcruiser with the 4.2TD engine was the 'cheapest' vehicle we could get that had a sufficient tow rating for the Command Post. The other options were a Hummer of a medium truck!

If you look on the side of the 'cruiser you will see Lotterywest stickers, which means that most, if not all, of the purchase price was from a Lotterywest grant. (And yes I know you joking about the 'cashed up' bit!)
trekker

Post by trekker »

gkoutlis wrote:We have plenty more Tom - This one is based at Morley - and from memory - the Sprinters are replacing our aging Ford Transits and a few of our econovans.... - So I think in total so far - we have 6 - I think... And will be getting a few more I beleive.

The Kilometers are not bad actually - hovering around 125,000 there abouts.
VFAS currently has 5 Sprinters on the road, with more expected soon. They are all ex-PTV's that have been modified internally, and of course some of the markings are changed.

They range from 140,000 to 220,000km. But since they haven't been driven too hard, just very regularly, they seem to be holding up well.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

trekker: the anual report shows them alright to me :p