Fed Pol VE

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
auntys_eyes

Fed Pol VE

Post by auntys_eyes »

Was at the Intl Airport today to see my daughter off to Japan, and managed to catch this Australian Federal Police VE Omega. Parked next to it was an unmarked dark blue VE Omega.

WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
elm

Post by elm »

Nice lightbar...if I recognize correctly its the LED Version. They're bretty bright, but are let down slightly due to the fact that they only have an alternating triple flash each side.
Better than thos crap halogen blink versions they have over in NSW (whoever thought they should be put on an emergency vehicle should be shot!)
fly_on_the_wall

Post by fly_on_the_wall »

Last edited by fly_on_the_wall on Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Nice shots Aunty,

I was sent a shot of that car when it was new, they got that long before WAPOL got any VE's.

Note it still has the clear beacon on the roof which I believe is a requirement when the vehicle is 'airside'..
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

lol kool
i reckon these look better then wapol.

chris
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

You will find that the clear light on the top of the lightbar is a orange light that is required Airside.

That is a standard GD car over here in Canberra, except our light bars are clear rather than red and blue. They turn red/blue when they are switched on.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Tom wrote: Note it still has the clear beacon on the roof which I believe is a requirement when the vehicle is 'airside'..
U believe correct Tom. To be more exact all vehicles entering the manouvering area ( taxiways and runways ) must display a hazard beacon. A beacon is not required when moving on the apron ( aircraft parking ) areas and thats why you will notice a lot of vehicles at the airfield dont carry beacons at all.
elm

Post by elm »

fly_on_the_wall wrote:
elm wrote:(whoever thought they should be put on an emergency vehicle should be shot!)
your a twit ! who cares what they look like. They work well and serve the purpose they were designed for.

Easy there buster :)

You have misunderstood me. I don't care how they look, it is how they LIGHT.
And that is where I totally disagree with your last sentence: They do not serve the purpose they were designed for. They do not attract enough attention.
PD224

Post by PD224 »

elm wrote:
fly_on_the_wall wrote:
elm wrote:(whoever thought they should be put on an emergency vehicle should be shot!)
your a twit ! who cares what they look like. They work well and serve the purpose they were designed for.

Easy there buster :)

You have misunderstood me. I don't care how they look, it is how they LIGHT.
And that is where I totally disagree with your last sentence: They do not serve the purpose they were designed for. They do not attract enough attention.
you don't want to much attention because this could distract drivers and cause accidents. You only want the lights to be noticeable and sirens heard to warn you there is an emergency vehicle coming.
FESA - Port Denison Sea Search & Rescue
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

You could have the biggest lightbar in the world, and the loudest siren in the world but the "I didnt even see you" responce will still come out when you ask someone why they failed to give way to an emergency vehicle.
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

dazla wrote:You could have the biggest lightbar in the world, and the loudest siren in the world but the "I didnt even see you" responce will still come out when you ask someone why they failed to give way to an emergency vehicle.
hahaha so true
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter