Abandoned College

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Abandoned College

Post by jmmw »

Hey

These pictures were taken some time ago but now that the matter has been cleared up i thought you guys might find them interesting to see what happens to buildings once left to the devices of teenagers.

(Some are still uploading just be patient)
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

Maybe I'm old, but I just don't get graffiti...
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

you know how dogs piss on everything?
spartacus
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: ONEDAYILLGETIT
Scanners and Receivers: ubc92xlt

Post by spartacus »

yeah, even the couch
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

dog pisses on my couch he had better run....
Rockjet
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Rockjet »

Is that a ghostly image in the second photo... :shock:
Nick
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Nick »

I have been into the old St john Of God Hospital in Bunbury several times in the last couple of months. Druggies and taggers have smashed every piece of glass and every toilet,basin and bath in the building. They have added millions of dollars to the cost of the building conversion because they are BORED or some one doesn't understand them..........They retreived three buckets of needles from the bottom floors alone.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Where is this ghostly image ?
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Forgive my ignorance, but what/where is this building???
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Chicky
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Chicky »

A little off topic story for you... but related to this kind of juvenile behaviour... Across the road from my mum, a little old hermit lady passed away on her own and it was some weeks before her body was found :( Of course, the local gossip was rife, word spread, and soon after kids started frequenting the house I'm sure at first to get a peek inside to see if the gossip was real. But then they seemed to 'move in', and trashed the place a lot like what Jas has shown above. Fires, graffiti, scat, drugs etc etc etc. Each time they were loud and abusive to each other and to anyone who dare approach the place. Police called on several occasions, by mum and others surrounding, but of course the horse had bolted when they turned up as one was always on watch. Anyhows... some poor soul with lots of $$$'s brought the intestate property, and now it's looking great. IMHO, I would've demolished and started again.

I have a 12yr old son... and this sort of thing scares the crap out of me. I must say I know where my son is at all times.... :?
West Coast Eagles
AFL Premiers 1992, 1994 & 2006 and....... ;)
R/Up 1991 & 2005
Since 1987 and still going strong :)
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

auntys_eyes wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but what/where is this building???
Now that it has been demolished i can now safely tell you, without the children that obviously frequent this forum (see http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2987 & http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php? ... &start=930)

This was the old taylor college building on college cl X south street in o'connor.

The place was closed down in recent years after it moved onto the UWA campus (all heresay from a person who was erm squating in one of the rooms) and after a number of break ins it got worse and worse until eventually it became such a haven for the wrong sorts of people that local residences got all upset and wanted a petition ect ect ect.

These pictures were taken in December last year and they started to demolish it and such earlier this year. At the moment nothing is there. (as far as i can tell)
AV201
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by AV201 »

This is very similar to the Heritage listed Western Power House in Fremantle!
Ill chuck some pics up if you want! :) cheers
jmmw
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by jmmw »

oh i heard that place was dodge i never went there though
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

What!!! The Western Power Museum in Freo is Gone!!?? You mean the one next to the Freo SJA depot? When did that happen!!?? It doesn't seem that long ago i took my kids there.
WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
Bonez

Post by Bonez »

I understand your point but disagree with the way you have worded it.

This is not directly the work of "teenagers" - this is the work of professional grafiti artists, who may well be "teenagers" but normal 13-19 year olds don't deserve this name.

The people who do this kind of thing are screwed in the head, and your average 15 year old would not be involved in such a thing.

It's just a minority of fucked up people that decide they want to paint their art on public infrustructure.

The cops need to stop it. It's an uphill battle, but they do catch some people. The more the better!

Thanks for the pics!!