New Mercedes Livery

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
AcesAP

New Mercedes Livery

Post by AcesAP »

I found these pictures on a depot computer of the proposed design for the new Mercedes Ambulance when SJA gets them on the road. At this stage it is only a proposal.

The prototype vehicle has only been marked on one side and there is still discussion about the amount of green, white and yellow that should be in the design.

The large piece of yellow reflective tape that is on the passenger door was put there to see what yellow would look like on that black plastic bit. It was not able to be removed easily

ST_DOC

Post by ST_DOC »

The new mercs are really ugly!
luke

Post by luke »

dont think the green working..
silent_wingz

Post by silent_wingz »

hmm... dont like it !
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

not enough flashy lights! though at least they have a cool LED light bar :P!
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Tyranus wrote:not enough flashy lights! though at least they have a cool LED light bar :P!
I just noticed no side strobe lights :S and no grill lights....

Is this the final vehicle or still in design mode ?

It would either need a LED lightbar on the rear or something on the sides.

Yellow looks crapola though, BUT having that large section of yellow on there would be good over the black.
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

It's certainly a different design.

The green and yellow checks remind me a bit of the UK ambulances...

Don't they say that yellow is the most visible colour for a vehicle? Having yellow, green and white on the ambulances, along with lots of reflective bits and flashing lights should, in theory, make them even MORE visible...
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
AcesAP

Post by AcesAP »

Markmywords wrote: I just noticed no side strobe lights :S and no grill lights....

Is this the final vehicle or still in design mode ?

It would either need a LED lightbar on the rear or something on the sides.
MMW, from what I have been told there will still be some form of grill lights (most likely LED), not sure about side lights. There will also be more visible lighting from the rear. The whole design is still up for discussion at this stage
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Yep yellow is noticed, I don't have a problem with the decals, so long as they get seen especially under emergency conditions. But they do need the red and blues on the side and back like the current ambulances. Helps tremendously for visiblity, and telling what the vehicle is from a distance away (apart from the siren).
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Tyranus wrote:Yep yellow is noticed, I don't have a problem with the decals, so long as they get seen especially under emergency conditions. But they do need the red and blues on the side and back like the current ambulances. Helps tremendously for visiblity, and telling what the vehicle is from a distance away (apart from the siren).
The vehicle hasnt even got rego plates on it (dealer plate on dash), no radio antennas etc, so I doubt its kitted out inside or is anywhere near complete. By the looks its just a vehicle for the signwriters etc to play with.
ST_DOC

Post by ST_DOC »

I think they should have another go on the other side cos its a ugly scheme and the van is prity damn ugle too. I would expect they would have a similar lighting package as before except it will be LED rather than strobe.

It seems that mercedes just slapped the new design together without any real thought. I just cant get over how ugly it is.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Well i guess by the time they fit the rear mounted aircon unit it will give them a bit to play with fitting extrenal warning lights rear flood lights.

Personally i like the coede 3 LED over the hazard LED but my preference.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

Markmywords wrote:Well i guess by the time they fit the rear mounted aircon unit it will give them a bit to play with fitting extrenal warning lights rear flood lights.

Personally i like the coede 3 LED over the hazard LED but my preference.
Big thing on that though, is the Hazard is locally made (well, Launceston) so spares should be easy to come by..
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Big thing on that though, is the Hazard is locally made (well, Launceston) so spares should be easy to come by..[/quote]

tru and alot cheaper haha one LED unit is $600 from code3 its the same size as the strobe light on the merc ambos atm (also made by code3pse) (britax in qld sell code3 products) compared to the $90 mark for the hazard

Seems like they will have alot of spare light bars strobes etc i wonder if they just throw them in the bin or resell them to towies etc.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Fastlane »

$90? you've got to be kidding me. Even the locally made (down Baldivis way) LED modules that FESA uses on their appliances now aren't that cheap!