FESA pics

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
firefly.000

Post by firefly.000 »

Last edited by firefly.000 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

firefly.000 wrote:
xli wrote:amazing photos!

one thing i noticed, whats with the Perth trucks being plugged into the mains electricity? do they actually have to charge the batteries that way (and if thats the case, probably a silly question but do all fire vehicles have to do that??)
Yes it is just a trickle charge to ensure the batteries are always charged. Particularly on career appliances when the radios and MDT's are always left on, if the vehicles dont get a run for a period they would otherwise go flat. Pretty much all vehicles I see, both career and vols, have it. All career appliances do have it
Darlington has a system with a driveaway detatchment on it, incase someone forgets to unplug it...has happened! At my ses unit though, we attatch the keys to the chain/electrical cable, thus you can't drive without takeing the charger out.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Tyranus wrote: Darlington has a system with a driveaway detatchment on it, incase someone forgets to unplug it...has happened! At my ses unit though, we attatch the keys to the chain/electrical cable, thus you can't drive without takeing the charger out.
The fire appliances these days isolate the starter motor, so you cant drive away even if you wanted to... even our 5+ year old light tanker came like this...
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Matt. »

Hi all glad you liked the pics.

All the old vehicles are at the academy, I have updated the images also to include a few police cars and water police as well as 1 ambulance.

I went around a fair bit whilst there and seen a few be back again soon hope to see more!

Thanks again , Matt

updated Perth images at http://www.firecall.com.au/test/index.html

There are a heap of other state stuff there now also at the main link.

www.firecall.com.au
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

:o so envious of that 9.2 ther 7.2 was pretty good as it was i didnt think fesa wer makign or ever made bulk tankers i thought the local councils did it thats the first time ive seen 1 made like that on an izusu cab chassis too.
pretty kool

howd u get all these pics in like a week???lol :wink: sum knows ppl in high places
i noticed u went into oconnor workshops how can u get in ther to see the trucks n facilitys??? can u ask sum1 or something???

cheers

chris
Matt.
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Matt. »

chrissss wrote:
howd u get all these pics in like a week???lol :wink: sum knows ppl in high places
i noticed u went into oconnor workshops how can u get in ther to see the trucks n facilitys??? can u ask sum1 or something???

cheers

chris
Guess I was just lucky huh ;-)

Not living in WA I am not sure what needs to be done to visit these places, sorry.

Matt

www.firecall.com.au
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

its who u know matt