ALAS Ambulances & Private Ambulance Service PICS

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Markmywords

ALAS Ambulances & Private Ambulance Service PICS

Post by Markmywords »

Just thought id start a new thread with pics of private ambulance services.

Here is one that past me today !!!

These are ex-victorian patient tranport service vehicles, which turned into wilsons transport and now into the National Patient Transport Service. They have had the lightbar and siren removed the 2 red lights on the back door were both red/blue flashers but changed over into brake lights.

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

And another :D this was in a storage yard in welshpool and the guy said it was going to a caryard i passed it on my travels with work yesterday

No rego/ex vic rav vehicle/has stretcher and all looks like new decals fitted excalibur lightbar fitted but no side or rear emergency lights siren still fitted and working...6.3l turbo diesel 145,000klms.

NOW thats a truck :D

bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ST_DOC

Post by ST_DOC »

Where abouts is that GMC id like to have a closer look..
Looks similar to the rigs we used back home in the us except its alot smaller lol.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Nice pics bomber. have to say hadnt seen the new decals on them as yet and look good better than what i initially though, nice LED mounted lights at dashlevel same as what they do in NSW, they need to get rid of that hazard light bar ARGH.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Today driving past ALAS one of the VW's ambos had amber lights fitted anyone know why ???
tango11

Post by tango11 »

Well it was bound to happen, the DPI has stopped turing a blind eye to ALAS's little short comings, not all the vehicles are registered as AMBULANCEs, some are registered as PTVs hence the change in hazard waring lights.

Also, the poo is about to hit the fan with another private ambulance company about to try and set up in Perth, I have it on very good authority, that Workcover Ambulance Service Australia is about to hit Perth, but I have heard that they will not be allowed to call themselves Workcover or register themselves as such due to the conflict between Workcover WA and themselves.

Government can't allow people to become confused can they.... :shock:
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Is this the same workcover ambulance running in NSW ? they do alot of paramedical training but also respond under lights and sirens to places of employment only and do on site medic work etc ?

I think there called paramedical services NSW or something but have a team that do emergency call outs to work places in good old ford transit vans !!!
tango11

Post by tango11 »

One in the same! Buggar the transits, XR8 sedans
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

[quote="tango11"] Also, the poo is about to hit the fan with another private ambulance company about to try and set up in Perth, I have it on very good authority, that Workcover Ambulance Service Australia is about to hit Perth, but I have heard that they will not be allowed to call themselves Workcover or register themselves as such due to the conflict between Workcover WA and themselves.

Must be these guys.

What is the WORK INJURY RESPONSE SERVICE or WIRS ?

WIRS is a service that was developed with both the employer and employee in mind to provide a structured, rapid and effective way of looking after the Occupational Health and Safety of employees.

Paramedical Services is on call 24/7 to respond to work related accidents with a fleet of Ambulances.

We alleviate stress of the situation by providing qualified Rescue Medical Technicians (RMTs) who stay with the injured throughout the whole process – from treating on site to taking them to the doctors and then back to work, ensuring speedy RETURN TO WORK.

Full documentation of the incident can be provided for workers compensation issues.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Very true and also interesting to note that they do bathhurst and all v8 supercar events in NSW as well, patient transport both emergency and non emergency, on site first aid and training.

So i guess we can all but wait and see.
ST_DOC

Post by ST_DOC »

Hahaha you guys are so funny.. I you have a look when that vehicle with the amber light bar goes out it is a first aid post not an ambulance and not a PTV. Its an old ambo that is purely first aid events. ALAS dont have PTVs i do know that much. I seen it with first aid post all over it.