DEC fire vehicle

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc

DEC fire vehicle

Post by 5001020 »

After seeing a different fire units at the local shops every time i went down there (usually ud be lucky to see one every few months) i decided to take a small camera with me today so here it is. Looks like some DEC command vehicle or something, i havnt seen any DEC vehicles this flash before. does anyone have any more specific info on what it is?
Sorry for the poor pic my camera dosnt have zoom so its heavily cropped.

Cheers
Jason

chrissss

Post by chrissss »

this is one of there "light units"
used as a lt at fires with a slip on on the back
but yer dunno wat they are used for at other times..

chris 8)

Post by 5001020 »

Thanks Chris,

Iv never seen one of these on the fireground before, it must be fairly new, I was just thinking more command due to it being a crew cab. Usualy we just see the toyota landcruisers.

Cheers
Jason

Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Having seen these vehicles on the road before I had always made the assumption (due to the purplish coloured lights) that these belonged to the transport `heavies`. Ya learn something everyday dont ya.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

DEC Fire Officers and Forest Products Commission Officers have vehicles like these - there are quite alot of them around, however, unless you live near DEC land or FPC Plantation you probably wont often see them. They certainly are not anything 'new' - the type of vehicle may vary, however, they are all 4WD.

In the fire season they often have slip-ons fitted, however, from experience the fire gear is only really used as first-attack until their 'Heavy Duty' appliances etc arrive. For the most part, the DEC officers act as part of the I.M.T or liaison, looking after their crews.

The lights are 'crimson' in colour and the vehicles do not have sirens fitted.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Fastlane wrote:The lights are 'crimson' in colour and the vehicles do not have sirens fitted.
How boring :P
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.

Post by 5001020 »

Hahaha yes wheres the fun in that. It was funny a couple of months ago when were turning out to a fire we had a CALM lt tagging along behind us :lol:

Thanks fastlane, i guess i just keep missing them!