Customs XR6

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
HPS

Customs XR6

Post by HPS »

hps
Last edited by HPS on Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turbo
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Turbo »

You thought right! Nice shot.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

*nods in agreement with Turbo*
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

Do you have permission to use the photographer's shot? If not you are infringing copyright and need to remove the photo immediately.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Yeah I saw that also KP.

Ripped off oz_pol yahoo group. :evil:
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6HGR
Scanners and Receivers: Various Yaesu, Kenwood, Tait, Simoco and Philips'

Post by vk6hgr »

kylep wrote:Do you have permission to use the photographer's shot? If not you are infringing copyright and need to remove the photo immediately.
He's not saying it's his or that he owns it. People put images up on imageshack with the intent that people are going to view it.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
WARSUG forum administrator
Site and stream donations: https://www.paypal.me/vk6hgr
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

view it yes, but not copy and post on other sites ( thats if this is the case ). Another website that i also view has just had the same problem. A member submitted photos of someone else. They found out and threatened legal action if not removed immediatly. The website has closed off all photos. Hope that it never comes to this here.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

An extract from another forum's rules, which have been drawn up from much discussion and studying of copyright laws and case studies. Liink included to more detailed information.
Copyright

Members may not post messages which contain a direct link to images which are not theirs... this infringes copyright laws.

Members may not post images which are not theirs, nor may they post images they have not received permission from the photographer to post, even if they can name the photographer...this infringes copyright laws.

Members may not post images and simply add "Credit to Photographer Unknown" or similar text...this infringes copyright laws.

Details regarding Photographers and Copyright can be found at www.copyright.org.au/publications/G011.pdf January 2006
The copyright owner retains the right to decide when and where their images are used. If an image is used without permission then there is a copyright infringement.

Gavin, as moderator/owner, this is something that you need to look at, and take action on when necessary.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vk6hgr »

kylep wrote: Gavin, as moderator/owner, this is something that you need to look at, and take action on when necessary.
If somebody can find out who the author of this photo is, I'll ask him. Otherwise, I think it's reasonable to assume that it was posted on imageshack for the purpose of releasing it to the public domain.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR
HPS

Post by HPS »

Apologies, new to this.

Not trying to rip anyone off , I have seen this in imageshack (although this image is from a yahoo group - it was emailed to me)

Image deleted
Last edited by HPS on Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Just go back and edit your post... maybe you could put the URL in instead of the picture.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

WPXZBP wrote:Just go back and edit your post... maybe you could put the URL in instead of the picture.
Whats the difference? The picture points to a URL anyway?
Zebedee
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amateur callsign: VK6DB

Post by Zebedee »

kylep wrote:Gavin, as moderator/owner, this is something that you need to look at, and take action on when necessary.
Issues concerning the running of the forums should be raised in private with the administrators.

As a general guide, if a person believes that an image that they own the copyright to is being shown on these forums without their permission, then they should contact an administrator and raise their concerns.
Doug Bell (Zebedee) VK6DB
WARSUG Forum Administrator.

It is very dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
kylep
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by kylep »

vk6hgr wrote: If somebody can find out who the author of this photo is, I'll ask him. Otherwise, I think it's reasonable to assume that it was posted on imageshack for the purpose of releasing it to the public domain.
FYI, the photographer concerned does not provide their images on a 'free for all' basis. Unless expressly stated, the appearance of images on the internet does not mean that they are provided for anyone to use at their will. It remains at the copyright holder's discretion when and where they may be used.
vk6hgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by vk6hgr »

kylep wrote: FYI, the photographer concerned does not provide their images on a 'free for all' basis. Unless expressly stated, the appearance of images on the internet does not mean that they are provided for anyone to use at their will. It remains at the copyright holder's discretion when and where they may be used.
That's my point. Imageshack is a photo publishing service. Nobody puts their photos there in the public area without intending for people to view them.

Photographers have rights but so does the public. Putting a link to that photo in this thread fits every definition of "fair use" I can think of.

Anyway, thread closed. Unless copyright holders expressly inform me they don't wish a photograph of theirs linked to on this site I have no problems with it.
Gavin Rogers; VK6HGR