What's This???

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
auntys_eyes

What's This???

Post by auntys_eyes »

And yes, before you all crash the server by replying and stating the bleedin' obvious, i KNOW it's a fire truck. :roll:

This truck is for sale in a yard not far from my place and has Victorian rego plates. Thought you firey types might find it interesting.

WARSUG Moderator - Media Section

VBFB Member

No onion, no garlic, no chilli, no pepper... NO POINT!!
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

Ross' Auctions in Maylands often have Fire Engines for sale if you are keen!
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

Looks like an ex MFB Acco.. Also see http://www.mfb.vic.gov.au/default.asp?casid=258
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Great old pump. Have been around for years. Replaced by scanias with pretty much same body up until recently. Still some floating around in the service.

Had a good get up and go for a big appliance. The old days of riding in these.
celestial_insight
Banned

Post by celestial_insight »

Ross' turn over quite a few of these. I wonder what the primary use is for purchasers (and who buys them) apart from nightnewzcrew/HM681 who probably jacks off in them.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

celestial_insight wrote:Ross' turn over quite a few of these. I wonder what the primary use is for purchasers (and who buys them) apart from nightnewzcrew/HM681 who probably jacks off in them.
Have sen a few of these being brought by tradies for high pressure type cleaning trucks.
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

I noticed this the other day, after refuelling at the caltex, there's also a spot on military road, that sells some fairly heavy duty trucks etc, that have had 1 old fire appliance for quite a while, still kitted out from memory, aimed at mine rescue I think, or for any enthusiast, that just wants a big red truck :P
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Tyranus wrote:...there's also a spot on military road, that sells some fairly heavy duty trucks etc, that have had 1 old fire appliance for quite a while, still kitted out from memory, aimed at mine rescue I think, or for any enthusiast, that just wants a big red truck...
Managed to get some pics of this one today, will hopefully post them tonight. :)

VBFB Member

Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Haha don't tell me you went hunting for it??
Someone through a party, and go buy that fire truck just to cool us all off and so we can play with flashy disco lights and sound system :P
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
auntys_eyes

Post by auntys_eyes »

Tyranus wrote:...there's also a spot on military road, that sells some fairly heavy duty trucks etc, that have had 1 old fire appliance for quite a while, still kitted out from memory...
This is the unit that Tyranus spotted, at Smith & Broughton Auctioneers. It is up for auction next Tuesday. On closer inspection, it has pretty much been stripped and is suffering from neglect.

Tyranus wrote:Haha don't tell me you went hunting for it??
No i didn't :) . I go past this yard every day riding to work so I popped in today and asked if i could take the pics.

VBFB Member

Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Fowles auction had a few ex vic MFB trucks some still kitted up with lights n sirens a few months back, i think they must ship them interstate when they have a few to sell not to flood the market or to sell them quickly.

Some guys been trying to flogg one off for $40,000 still kitted up as a fire truck, sitting ina truck holding yard in welshpool.
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

in last weeks autotrader spotted a rural tanker ex cfa for sale 35g
similair to 3.4

chris 8)
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

so what stops the public (with this kinda money to spend) to purchase a fully operating 2nd hand appliance and using it to go thro traffic lights and what not ??? Surely there must be something in place to prevent wannabes (like nightnewz/ hm681- not that he could afford it anyways :roll: ) from purchasing these vehicles and using them as an emergency appliance ??? :?
Bobby
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Bobby »

Yeah I have always wondered that same thing. Maybe the law states that only certain entities can own them??? Would be interesting to find out.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

JG-103 wrote:so what stops the public (with this kinda money to spend) to purchase a fully operating 2nd hand appliance and using it to go thro traffic lights and what not ??? Surely there must be something in place to prevent wannabes (like nightnewz/ hm681- not that he could afford it anyways :roll: ) from purchasing these vehicles and using them as an emergency appliance ??? :?
Same as what stops anyone from grabbing red/blue lights and a siren for their own car.. nothing but the law.

Most that I've seen have had the lights and siren stripped out of them - surprised that ex WA FRS truck still has them on it. Regardless, it'd probably be picked up at registration transfer time (you'd hope!).