2007 WAVFRSA State Open at Albany

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
WPXZBP

2007 WAVFRSA State Open at Albany

Post by WPXZBP »

The following post is of appliances seen at the 2007 State Open.

Albany CFRS MPHR (has previously been shown in another thread.) Image
Rear view
The pump panel close-up.

The MPHR and Light Tanker. Both appliances were called out during the competition.
It made for interesting viewing seeing the crew racing off!

Albany VFRS' Country Pumper
The off-side pump panel.
The near-side pump panel.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Albany District Manager's vehicle

The First Aid van - one of the competitors slammed his leg between rungs of the ladder :shock: and the first aiders were on scene very quickly.

The runner's leg needed medical attention. An ambulance was called.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Not seen at the State Open but at Bunnings down the road. The Officer (not shown) was loading some folder chairs into the back.

FlashPoint

Post by FlashPoint »

Now im regretting missing the state open, looks like a good photo op. :(
FlashPoint
Magic Smoke, Magic Smoke - Ohh it escaped
  ▲
▲ ▲
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

good pics wes

chris
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

The ambulance 112 must be on loan from the metro as in a "Paramedic Unit".

These vehicles are only in the city at depots which don't have any volunteers.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

ZO100,

Yep I've got that one down on my fleet-list as a metro unit.

I knew I'd seen it before.

Why don't we start up a proper fleet-list on here with the Ambo van number and regos? Then we can track them when they go out bush??
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Tom wrote:Why don't we start up a proper fleet-list on here with the Ambo van number and regos? Then we can track them when they go out bush??
Unlike police vehicles the ambulances don't really have permanent depots and are moved around on a regular basis depending on breakdowns, odo readings, etc.

The "Paramedic Units" aren't meant to go to the country as all depots apart from Bunbury have volunteers attached. There is a couple of "spare" country vans based at the workshops but must have been unavailable.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

ZO100_marto wrote:
Tom wrote:Why don't we start up a proper fleet-list on here with the Ambo van number and regos? Then we can track them when they go out bush??
Unlike police vehicles the ambulances don't really have permanent depots and are moved around on a regular basis depending on breakdowns, odo readings, etc.

The "Paramedic Units" aren't meant to go to the country as all depots apart from Bunbury have volunteers attached. There is a couple of "spare" country vans based at the workshops but must have been unavailable.
Can anyone confirm this re paramedic buses. From what i was told the buses that have paramedic unit on the side is for when both ambos are qualified. When they have a student ambo then obviously the bus would not have paramedic unit on the side
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

FlashPoint wrote:Now im regretting missing the state open, looks like a good photo op. :(
They were the only appliances there. After the Perms got called out (a DBA) they didn't return til early this arvo.

It was a great sunburn op - I know... :oops: :(
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

WPXZBP

Ive noticed when i am in albany that the perms also have an UT. How are they manned. Is it a choice of taking the LT or UT with the pump or are all three vehicles manned ?.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

So the difference between "Paramedic Unit and Normal Ambulance is nothing but the crew level running the vehicle, unlike in Vic where the MICA Ambulance has a different set up to the normal paramedic ambulance, ive seen a few around that have had the paramedic sign ripped off the side of the van peeling the paint and all.

I thought down at albany 2 perms work during the day and if another call comes in a perm on call back goes out with a vollie dunno if that was correct i know a while ago that the perm would be at the depot and go and pick the vollie up if a call come in because they didnt like working with the vollies.

Maybe one of the SJA peoples could let us know what other country sub centres now have perms and vollies together. I was surprised when i heard broome had perms but i belive busso has as well now.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

bomber wrote:WPXZBP

Ive noticed when i am in albany that the perms also have an UT. How are they manned. Is it a choice of taking the LT or UT with the pump or are all three vehicles manned ?.
Dunno about that bomber. Will ask one of the Perms when I see him tomorrow and let you know.
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Markmywords wrote:So the difference between "Paramedic Unit and Normal Ambulance is nothing but the crew level running the vehicle, unlike in Vic where the MICA Ambulance has a different set up to the normal paramedic ambulance, ive seen a few around that have had the paramedic sign ripped off the side of the van peeling the paint and all.

I thought down at albany 2 perms work during the day and if another call comes in a perm on call back goes out with a vollie dunno if that was correct i know a while ago that the perm would be at the depot and go and pick the vollie up if a call come in because they didnt like working with the vollies.

Maybe one of the SJA peoples could let us know what other country sub centres now have perms and vollies together. I was surprised when i heard broome had perms but i belive busso has as well now.
Albany must have a few perms down there as the new volunteer station is approx 10 klms from the old/career station in town.
All of St johns ambos are known as student ambulance officers and once qualified they are refered to as paramedics. You are correct that WA doesnt have MICA like victoria. The closest we get is the intensive care flight paramedics that are attatched to rescue 1.

Some other career/vollie stations from the top of my head are : Pinjarra, Mandurah, Serpentine ( although classed as metro ), Albany, Geraldton. I know there is a few more though
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Markmywords.

As per the St johns website they list there career stations outside the metro as;

Albany,Broome,Bunbury,Geraldton,Port Headland,Kalgoorlie,Mandurah,Norseman and Pinjarra.

I am sure that these are all career/Vollie stations.