2007 Police Academy Open Day- JG-103

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
JG-103

2007 Police Academy Open Day- JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

These are the pics i took on my crappy 4 mega pixel digital camera, not as good as Toms but they are ok :D

Click on em for bigger pic

First the Delta cars
Walks was in the foreground but i cropped him out

WT216

the spotties make it a dead give away :roll:

The feared multinova set up :twisted:

TRG robot

Some TRG toys :P

Digital set up

Lucas_arts_182

Post by Lucas_arts_182 »

that digital set up in the car looks bloody crouwded did they think about mounting some of the shit on the cieling like the radio and radar and just have the siren/light controls and TADIS down the bottom , might give them a bit more leg space :)
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Lucas_arts_182 wrote:that digital set up in the car looks bloody crouwded did they think about mounting some of the shit on the cieling like the radio and radar and just have the siren/light controls and TADIS down the bottom , might give them a bit more leg space :)
Problem with having the radio up top is it's closer to the head of the driver and if there is an accident if it became dislodged and hit him/her in the head it could make things worse, more likely the stick the siren controls up on the roof, such as in FESA SES's Nissan Patrol, which is currently being driven by the Metro South OTO (Operations and Training Officer).

I love the TRG gear though, they give you food and gatorade :D just so you're not mistaken for a bunch of goths or emo's :P

I'm also curious as to why they choose tracks over tires for their robot, R2D2 did a great job and he only had 3 wheels, and little mini rocket boosters :P. But tyres and a steering control would mean it could be a smoother trip (depending on who's driving of course).
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
dazla
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by dazla »

Over here our siren control is mouted just above the rear veiw mirror, our Hazard Warning Board Controller is also up there.
Per Ardua-Ad Astra
Jelly-Back

Post by Jelly-Back »

It changes from car to car here - some have it in the sunglass fold down and others have it in the bottom console...