2007 open day pics (SJA)

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

2007 open day pics (SJA)

Post by Tom »

Gotta be fair to the SJA folks on here.

Both of these Ambulances are quite old. What happens to them when they are replaced...do they get auctioned or pensioned off to country areas??

Tom
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

I know that country areas do buy second hand ambulances. Merredin is getting a new one but the Westonia subcentre is trying for a second hand one.

Nice shots.

Edit - forgot to mention that there's about a 12 month wait for the second-hand one.
Last edited by WPXZBP on Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Yes thats true offered to a sub centre and if no takers cabinets get taken out and off to auction BUT in saying that i have seen one or two pass through auction with cabinets still in situ.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

What's the average KMS the SJA ones do in in the Metro area before they 'get sent to greener pastures'?..
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

The one we just received from the metro area has 230,000kms on it, which is alot of work. It came with a brand new gearbox, and most of the other stuff we got with it is currently being replaced as well, as it's on its way out.
Tom
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Tom »

Cheers for that.

230,000kms would of thought a Merc would of lasted a bit longer than that!
Ambul8
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by Ambul8 »

we do tend to drive em hard
Ambul8 - if u break urself i'll fix u! Maybe...
ImageImage
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

being a lil turbo diesel i wouldnt really expect them to last long lol and just a usefull fact you can buy an eastern states Merc Ambulance straight off the road for $33,000 with no more than 120,000klms thats a vehicle as an ambulance decals/lights/sirens all working and MINUS any equipment.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

Schism_ wrote:The one we just received from the metro area has 230,000kms on it, which is alot of work. It came with a brand new gearbox, and most of the other stuff we got with it is currently being replaced as well, as it's on its way out.
What did SJA charge you for that ? i hope not alot !!!!!
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Umm, we got it for what we sold our old ford for... :P
Last edited by Schism_ on Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

You got a merc ambo for $500 !!!!!!! the fact you sold your old one for $500 is nuts, well dunno how that happened but kudos to your subcentre !!! how many jobs do you average a week outta curiosity ?
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

Umm it varies, some weeks we will have none, then all of a sudden we get 10 within 5 hours. It all depends on the weather and how much people drink :P