Pics from Albany

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
WPXZBP

Pics from Albany

Post by WPXZBP »

The water bombers. Just behind the canopy of Bomber 2 is the CALM logo.

The Hino used by Albany Airport. Couldn't get to a better position to take a pic unfortunately.

RAAF & RAN are in town. Two PC9 trainers were seen taxiing.

RAAF Rescue helicopter was there too.

A blue-gum plantation fire appliance. Which plantation? Dunno.
Always RX

Post by Always RX »

Great pix Wes ...cheers mate.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Thanks Always RX.

Was again in Albany today and saw the following...

Not the best of shots - wasn't using the flash and it was a bit dark. Flash light have a habit of reflecting off the reflective markings in a bad way.

Albany VFRS Light Tanker (and yes, there IS an SES trailer in the background but I thought it was wise to not ask questions. :wink:)

Albany VFRS Country Pumper

FESA Fire Services Area Manager Commodore
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

good pics wes ther vehicles look pretty smick:)

exscuse my ignorance but seriosuly wats the difference between a hsr and a country pump??
country pump 2wd???

do these guys get much business??/

cheers
chris
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

did you manage to get any pics of their station, Wes? You know me.. always looking... :D
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Fastlane - there's a pic at this link. I'll be heading back down there soon so I'll take some pix when I get there. It's a factory/warehouse sized tilt-up construction and there's enough room to almost turn the CP around. Most of the guys apparently are happy there but FESA want to shift them to Bayonet Head from where they are.

chris - difference between a CP and an HSR is simple - CP is 2WD as you say and the HSR is available in 2 or 4WD. Both carry rescue gear, both can carry up to 6 crew. There are other differences (water, amount of hose) and you can see them at this link. I'll put up some more pics in the BRT stickie. Dunno about number of turnouts - I imagine it would be to back up Albany Career firies.