RFDS & FESA...... WATER ON!

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
firefly.000

Post by firefly.000 »

Last edited by firefly.000 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

From what I hear there is a waiting list for many new appliances.
eg Geraldton VF&RS are still waiting for an appliance to replace their single cab GPA.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Mad Marsupial wrote: Which are buses are you talking about
Should of said school buses as i dont know if it applies all round.. a mate of mine down south bought a bus route, and he said that he has to replace the bus after 15 years no matter what the condition, where as in vic its like 20 years... thats what he said..
firefly.000 wrote:The pumps were forecast to be replaced on a 15 year cycle. Some pumps such as Duncraig (the old Balcatta pump) have done over 400,000 km. There is currently a heavy pump replacement programme and are supposed to be replaced in the next year or so. There are currently chassis down at the workshops.
Thanks for answering the question mate :D
Much appreciated 8)
chrissss

Post by chrissss »

firefly.000 wrote:
JG-103 wrote:
firefly.000 wrote:
the heavy pumps except for the new Hope Valley one are all around 17 years old.
:shock:

At what age must the pumpers be replaced ?

For a bus in perth its 15 years no matter what the condition of the bus is, just curious to know how FESA work..wether the pumpers have a age and/or a condition limit before they must be replaced.
The pumps were forecast to be replaced on a 15 year cycle. Some pumps such as Duncraig (the old Balcatta pump) have done over 400,000 km. There is currently a heavy pump replacement programme and are supposed to be replaced in the next year or so. There are currently chassis down at the workshops.
cheers firefly
as i said before i believe freo 2nd heavy pump is a newy and also saw another 1 at perth open day
does this 15 year thing go for the normal pumps as well and how often do frs career lts get replaced??? :?:

chris
Mad Marsupial

Post by Mad Marsupial »

[quote="JG-103"][quote="Mad Marsupial"]
Which are buses are you talking about[/quote]

Should of said school buses as i dont know if it applies all round.. a mate of mine down south bought a bus route, and he said that he has to replace the bus after 15 years no matter what the condition, where as in vic its like 20 years... thats what he said. 8)[/quote]

I didn't think you meant Transperth buses, they are a lot older.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Whats up with ur quote thing ?