SJA Pics

Pictures of emergency service vehicles, radio equipment etc
ZO100_marto
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by ZO100_marto »

Markmywords wrote:So when the handbrakes on does it limit to what emergency lights operate on the vehicle ? if its stationary at a scene
Yep otherwise there'd be a LOT more flat batteries in the fleet as vans can be stuck at scenes for long periods of time. Just the head lights, certain LEDS in the bar light and strobes remain on once the parkbrake is applied.

There's actually 3 batteries in all the ambulances and all the smart paramedics leave the vehicle running when at prangs and so forth.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

ZO100_marto wrote:
Markmywords wrote:So when the handbrakes on does it limit to what emergency lights operate on the vehicle ? if its stationary at a scene
Yep otherwise there'd be a LOT more flat batteries in the fleet as vans can be stuck at scenes for long periods of time. Just the head lights, certain LEDS in the bar light and strobes remain on once the parkbrake is applied.
Similar with all the newer fire appliances, except the lightning turns off completely when you turn the vehicle off. A set of beacons will drain a battery VERY quickly as they do draw alot of current (the halogen globe in them alone takes about 14amps).
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

Seen on Albany Hwy this afternoon - Mount Barker Subcentre ambulance (the PL plates mean Plantagenet Shire)

Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

wat has the driver got around is neck???
bomber
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by bomber »

Last edited by bomber on Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

u should know shouldnt u HM681??? i thought sja was on ur list of careers that u do ??

u know... copper... fesa comcen... camera man... sja as well ???
WPXZBP

Post by WPXZBP »

bomber wrote:looks like a neck brace ??.
I concur... looking at it in hi-res it appears to be a neck brace.
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Hmm but how come he would be wearing one ? surely he cant be injured otherwise he wouldnt be allowed to work ?
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

My understanding as well neck brace = cannot work not only that its going to limit your vision looking left and right, "sprung"

He shouldnt be wearing it simple as that and driving for a matter of that fact, love to hear the reason for that.
Fastlane
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster
Amateur callsign: VK6FLMZ

Post by Fastlane »

JG-103 wrote:u should know shouldnt u HM681??? i thought sja was on ur list of careers that u do ??

u know... copper... fesa comcen... camera man... sja as well ???
Could've sworn you posted recently saying to give Hm681 a go and not to give him shit...

:lol:
Markmywords

Post by Markmywords »

I think his 2nd chance went out the window lol least he will be easy to spot at any incident camera rolling sitting inside his car with those deck blasters going crazy lol

Just joking HM681 but yer how often do you drink seems like its a regular occurance or is there something in your water ?
Hm681

Post by Hm681 »

wen did i post SJA?
yer my water green for sum reason. :?:

yer looks like it aye, but wasnt so sure ,so just was asking fellow members on the board:) thank
JG-103

Post by JG-103 »

Fastlane wrote:
Could've sworn you posted recently saying to give Hm681 a go and not to give him shit...

:lol:
As MarkMyWords says.. his 2nd chance went out the window... i stuck up for him and i regret it cause he's let those who did stick up for him down by still typing like hes texting someone via sms and coming up with smart ass stuff like how he wishes there was some action north side !